These black bean protein bars are quick! They use simple ingredients, are super cheap to make, and actually feel like a protein bar. What do I mean by that? They aren’t gonna fall apart in your hand and you don’t need to eat them right away!
For this one all you need is a food processor. Add into it some drained and rinsed black beans, 4 tablespoons of peanut oil or oil of your choice (we’re using peanut since it’s got a pretty neutral flavor to it), 1 tablespoon of ground coffee, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 3 scoops of chocolate protein powder, 2-3 tablespoons of a sweetener, a little salt, and some unsweetened milk substitute. I use around 1/4 cup but you may need more.
Process everything together and if it’s too thick you may want to add a little bit more milk substitute to it.
Take out anything oven safe, I’m using this little pan, and spread your mix out onto it. Top it with some chocolate chips or anything else you want and then throw it in the oven on 350F/176C for around 12-15 minutes. After 12-15 minutes take them out, cut them, and you’re travel ready.
You can make different sizes by using different pans, like a bread pan, and you can scale the recipe to fit your needs. For example, double or triple it. Use the slider below to do the work for you and make as many bars are you want.
Want some protein bars that don’t need protein powder? Try our Cottage Cheese ones here!
Fudge Brownie Protein Bars
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Can Black Beans - Recued Sodium 15.5 Ounces
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Oil - *Peanut has a neutral flavor / Your Choice Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Coffee
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sweetener - I like Erythritol
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - More if your mix is too thick
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - *Optional
- Add all of your ingredients into your food processor aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Process everything together until smooth
- Take out an oven safe baking pan or dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper
- Top with your Chocolate Chips
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 12-15 minutes (the thicker your bars are, the longer they’ll take to cook so keep an eye on them)
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Sodium: 148.3mg
- Carbs: 19.1g (Net Carbs: 14.1g)
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Calories: 1477
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 890mg
- Carbs: 115g (Net Carbs: 85g)
- Fiber: 30g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 99g