French toast made for chocolate lovers! These delicious Chocolate Protein French Toast Sticks are super easy to make, have great diet friendly macros, and pack a ton of protein in each bite. This healthy breakfast recipe is guaranteed to beat your chocolate cravings!
Start this recipe by taking out a large mixing bowl and adding into it 2 large whole eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, 3 ounces of unsweetened milk substitute (I like vanilla), and 1 teaspoon of optional instant coffee.
Pro tip? You want to make sure to use a bowl big enough to easily fit your bread slices into.
Why instant coffee? It’s cheap, compliments the chocolate, and will give you a boost as each teaspoon of instant coffee has around 50-75mg of caffeine in it.
Mix all of those ingredients together until smooth/all of the chunks are gone.
Take out however many pieces of bread you want to use and cut each piece into 3 pieces. Keep in mind that these pieces will be your chocolate protein French toast sticks!
You can use whatever bread fits your macros here. Low calorie, high carb, keto friendly…the choice is yours. I went with some thick cut Texas Toast today!
Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper or foil to make cleaning up easier and coat it with some non-sticking cooking spray. If you’re making more than 3-4 pieces you’ll need a large baking sheet.
French Toast Sticks
Dunk each “stick” into your egg mix that you made, let the excess drip off, and place it onto your baking sheet. Repeat until all of your chocolate protein French toast sticks have been coated.
This step is optional but to give your French toast sticks an outer shell you can coat the top of them with some non-sticking cooking spray.
If you have any mix left you can either use more bread or evenly distribute it over your sticks on the baking sheet.
Put those into the oven on 350F/176C for 10-12 minutes.
Remove your chocolate protein French toast sticks from the oven and flip them over. You can optionally coat that side with some non-stick cooking spray as well.
Put them back into the oven on 350F/176C for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Remove your sticks from the oven and top them! I went with some sugar free chocolate syrup and chocolate chips.
Want even more protein? Top these with our Chocolate Protein Spread!
Chocolate Protein French Toast Sticks
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee - *Optional
- 4-5 Slices Bread - Your choice (I like Texas Toast)
- Melt your Butter
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Take out your Bread and cut each piece into 3 pieces
- Take out a baking sheet or pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Dunk each side of your pieces into your mix (letting the excess mix drip off) and put them onto your sheet or pan
- Coat the tops of your pieces with some non-stick cooking spray (this creates a nice outer shell) and put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 10-12 minutes
- Take them out, flip your pieces over, coat that side with some non-stick cooking spray, and put them back into the oven on 350F/176C for another 10-12 minutes
- Calories: 447
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 563mg
- Carbs: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 51g