If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal prep recipe, look no further! This High Protein Enchilada Pasta recipe has great macros, just enough kick, is travel friendly, and super easy to make.
We’re going to start this one by preparing our pasta with a few ingredients. To do this, take out a large pan and turn your burner on high heat.
Add into that pan 2 cups of water, 6 ounces of whole wheat pasta, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 can of diced tomatoes, and 1 can of enchilada sauce.
Mix everything around and bring those ingredients to a boil.
Once boiling, bring your heat down to low-medium and continue cooking (it’ll simmer) for around 15 minutes. Keep it moving every couple of minutes!
If for some reason your pasta isn’t submerged at this step, add in a little bit more water to the recipe until it is.
After 15 minutes add in 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 1 can of whole kernel corn, and 2 pounds of cooked protein. I like chicken for this high protein enchilada pasta recipe but use lean ground beef, turkey, or even tuna!
Mix everything around and keep those ingredients on the heat for 3 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese until it melts, remove your high protein enchilada pasta from the heat, portion it out, and devour!
You can top it with some chopped green onions, chili sauce, other spices, or anything else you want. Let me know your favorite ways to eat this in the comments below.
Ready for a high protein dessert? How about some Low Sugar Protein Donuts!
High Protein Enchilada Pasta
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cups Water - 16 Ounces
- 6 Ounces Pasta - 168g Whole Wheat
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 14.5 Ounces Diced Tomatoes - 411g No Salt Added
- 10 Ounces Enchilada Sauce - 283g Low Sodium
- 15 Ounces Black Beans - 425g Reduced Sodium
- 11 Ounces Corn - 311g No Salt Added Whole Kernel
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast - or Protein of Your Choice (32 Ounces)
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - 112g Reduced Fat
- Take out a large stovetop pan and turn your burner on High heat
- Add in your Water, Pasta, Chili Powder, Diced Tomatoes, and Enchilada Sauce
- Mix everything together and bring it to a boil
- Once it starts to boil turn your burner down to Low-Medium heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes while occasionally stirring it
- After 15 minutes add in your Black Beans, Corn, and Chicken (or protein of your choice)
- Mix everything around and keep those ingredients on the heat for 3 minutes
- After 3 minutes mix in your Cheese until it’s melted
- Calories: 2898
- Fat: 62g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 2604mg
- Carbs: 294g
- Fiber: 54g
- Sugar: 49g
- Protein: 291g
- Calories: 483
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 434mg
- Carbs: 49g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Protein: 48.5g