Summer is over and that means we dive into the recipes that match all of the cozy colors of fall. This fall Sweet Potato Stew recipe is being made possible by our sponsor of the video Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth (which we’ve used a ton of this channel). It only takes around 15 minutes to prep and all you need is a slow cooker so lets just get right into it…
Take out your slow cooker (optionally lined for easy clean up) and then add into it 2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast, 1 can of drained & rinsed chickpeas, 1 1/2 pounds of chopped up sweet potatoes, 8 ounces of baby or chopped carrots, 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, 1/2 chopped up white onion, and 4 cups of Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth (which by the way if you didn’t already know is packed with 9 grams of protein per cup!!!).
Mix all of the ingredients up good, throw your lid on, and cook this on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Give it a mix every hour or so if you’re around.
So there it is…our first fall recipe of the year! I usually portion this one into 8 servings and each serving is around 460 grams.
We’ve made a lot of recipes with sweet potato so I have a question – what is your favorite way to eat them? Is it in a dessert? A recipe like this? As fries? Let me know in the comments below!
- Pacific Foods Website: https://www.pacificfoods.com/
- Pacific Foods Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PacificNaturalFoods/
With that said thank you guys for watching, don’t forget to check out Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth and all the links in the description below, subscribe and turn on notifications if you haven’t already, smack that thumbs up button if you liked this recipe, and of course…stay healthy!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Chopped Chicken Breast
- 1 Can (15.5 Ounces) Drained & Rinsed Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 Pounds Chopped Sweet Potatoes
- 8 Ounces Baby or Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Can (14.5 Ounces) Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Chopped White Onion
- 4 Cups (32 Ounces) Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- Add in some spinach to your portions!
How to make:
- Take out your slow cooker (optionally lined for easy cleanup) and add all of your ingredients into it
- Mix everything around
- Throw your lid on and cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours (mix occasionally if you’re around)
Calories in each serving if you make 8 (mine came out to 460g each):
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: .2g
- Sodium: 387.5mg
- Carbs: 36.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Protein: 36.2g
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2475
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 3100mg
- Carbs: 295g
- Fiber: 63g
- Sugar: 75g
- Protein: 290g