Summer is over and that means we dive into the recipes that match all of the cozy colors of fall! This Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Stew recipe only takes a few minutes to prep and all you need to make it is a slow cooker!
Take out your slow cooker and optionally line it for easy clean up. You’ll be adding all of your ingredients right into your cooker so lining it will make it that much easier.
Add in it 2 pounds of chopped up chicken breast, 1 can of drained & rinsed chickpeas, 1 1/2 pounds of chopped up sweet potatoes, 8 ounces of baby or chopped carrots, 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of ground allspice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, 1/2 chopped up white onion, and 4 cups of chicken bone broth.
Mix all of the ingredients for your slow cooker sweet potato stew up good.
Put your lid on and cook this on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. If you’re around, give your sweet potato stew a mix every hour.
Sweet Potato Stew
I usually portion this one into 8 servings. Each serving is around 460 grams.
I think it’s fair to say we’ve made a lot of recipes with sweet potato on here. Do you have a favorite way to prepare yours? In a dessert? A recipe like this stew that we just made? As fries (seriously, try our Sweet Potato Fries)? Let me know in the comments below!
Delicious Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Stew
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast - 32 Ounces (Chopped)
- 1 Can Chickpeas - 15.5 Ounces Drained & Rinsed
- 1 ½ Pounds Sweet Potatoes - Chopped
- 8 Ounces Carrots - Baby or Chopped
- 1 Cup Corn - Frozen
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes - 14.5 Ounces Fire Roasted
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- ½ White Onion - Chopped
- 4 Cups Bone Broth - 32 Ounces Chicken
- Take out your slow cooker (optionally lined for easy clean up) and add all of your ingredients into it
- Mix everything around
- Throw your lid on and cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours (mix occasionally if you’re around)
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated Fat: .2g
- Sodium: 387.5mg
- Carbs: 36.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Protein: 36.2g
- Calories: 2475
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 3100mg
- Carbs: 295g
- Fiber: 63g
- Sugar: 75g
- Protein: 290g