What’s up everyone? Today is the day we take a naturally beautiful sweet potato and give it a complete makeover (hint: sweet potato pancakes). Not because I don’t like it by itself but because when you prepare anything with passion, it always comes out better…and I have a very STRONG passion for pancakes!
First you’re gonna start by preparing your sweet potato also known as cooking it. I like MOST things done quick so when I don’t prep them beforehand I like to use the microwave. To microwave a sweet potato all you have to do is stab a few holes in it, wrap it in a damp paper towel, and zap it for 5-8 minutes depending on how big your sweet potato is.
Next, take out a large bowl and mash up half of your sweet potato, which for me is 200 grams. After that add in 4 tablespoons or 30 grams of coconut flour, 1 scoop or 30 grams of my TPC Baking Protein, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of almond milk, 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/8th teaspoon of salt. Mix all of those ingredients together. Tip: a hand mixer will be your best friend here. Click here to check out the great quality and extremely affordable hand mixer that I use!
Once everything is mixed together take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and let your pan heat up for a couple minutes (the thicker your pan is, the longer it’ll take to heat up). Once it heats up coat it with some non-stick cooking spray and add however much mix you want onto your pan (if you don’t have a pan but have a griddle that will work just as good too). Let them cook for around 2 minutes a side and repeat until your mix is gone!
Affordable stove top pans (high quality too): http://amzn.to/2fea3Rr
The best part!? Aside from looking like your sweet potato went from 30 weeks out to contest prep shape, these sweet potato pancakes taste amazing too!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 Cooked Sweet Potato (200g)
- 4 Tablespoons (30g) Coconut Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
- 1 Scoop (30g) Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
- 1 Tablespoon Your Choice Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 569
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 345mg
- Carbs: 62g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 42g
How to make:
- Cook your Sweet Potato
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together (a hand mixer will make things easier if you’re leaving the skin on)
- Take out a stove top pan or griddle, turn your burner on Medium heat, and let it heat up
- Coat your pan or griddle with some non-stick cooking spray and pour however much mix you want onto it
- Your mix should be pretty thick so at this step you can shape your pancake after it’s on the pan or griddle
- Cook each side for 2-3 minutes and repeat until your mix is gone
- Keep the skin on your sweet potato for more fiber!
- Top it with some sugar free syrup!