Alright…today we take a stroll down vegetarian lane and make some super easy AND delicious vegan friendly protein cookies. You only need 8 ingredients and you should have most of them on hand so lets jump right into the recipe!
For these vegan cookies you’re gonna start by draining and rinsing 1 can worth of chickpeas. Do your best to remove all of the water after rinsing them. Once rinsed, add into a food processor or really powerful blender your chickpeas, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of either almond, oat, or whole wheat pastry flour (I’ve used all 3 and they all work great though almond flour will give you the best overall macros), 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup, 2 scoops worth of a vegan friendly powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
Process or blend everything together until it’s smooth which should take around 30 seconds or so. Optionally toss in some chocolate chips or whatever else you want and lightly mix those in with a spoon!
Last, take out a baking sheet with some parchment paper so nothing sticks and then just shape and press down scoops of your mix into cookies. Throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 12-15 minutes.
You can’t go wrong with cookies and these cookies…have a nice dense fudgy chocolate chip texture to them. I know in the past we’ve made some cake like cookies but these ones are on the less airy side of things. Seriously good!
A couple things I wanna talk about. 1. Brown Rice Syrup is a great lower sugar substitute for honey and maple syrup in most recipes. I also personally store these in an airtight container once they cool and they usually last around 5-7 days.
Drop a comment below if you want some more vegan stuff! Thank you guys for reading!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Can (15.5 Ounces/439g) Chickpeas (Low sodium preferred)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Almond Flour (Oat or Whole Wheat Pastry flour work great too)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons (32g) Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 Scoops (31g) Madre Labs Zenbu Chocolate Shake Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- *Optional Chocolate Chips
- Store them in an airtight container on your countertop and they’ll last around 5-7 days!
- If your mix is too thick add in 1-2 ounces of some milk substitute!
How to make:
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Process or blend all of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips together until smooth
- Lightly mix in your Chocolate Chips/whatever else you want
- Grab a spoonful worth of your mix (or however big you wanna make them) and shape your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake on 350F/176C for 12-15 minutes
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1136
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Carbs: 108g (Net Carbs: 82g)
- Fiber: 26g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 68g
Calories in each cookie (if you make 10):
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Carbs: 10.8g (Net Carbs: 8.2g)
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: .9g
- Protein: 6.8g