Today, we take a stroll down Chickpea Lane and make some super easy AND delicious Vegan Chickpea Protein Cookies. You only need a few ingredients for these cookies and you should have most of them on hand!
For these chickpea cookies you’re going to start by draining AND rinsing 1 can worth of chickpeas. Do your best to remove all of the water after rinsing them.
Add into a food processor or really powerful blender those rinsed chickpeas, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of almond flour or substitute, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup, 1 regular scoop or 2 small scoops worth of a vegan friendly powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
I’ve also used oat and whole wheat pastry flour here as well with great success. Almond flour will give you the best overall macros.
Process or blend everything together until it’s smooth, this should take around :30 seconds.
Here is where you can lightly mix in some chocolate chips or whatever else you want!
Baked Chickpea Cookies
Take out a baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper (prevents sticking). If you don’t have parchment paper you could also just coat your sheet with some non-stick cooking spray.
Continue by shaping and pressing down your mix into cookies.
Put those chickpea cookies in the oven on 350F/176C for around 12-15 minutes.
You can’t go wrong with these chickpea cookies. They have a nice dense and chewy chocolate chip texture to them! Seriously good!
Chickpea Cookie Tips
Brown Rice Syrup is a great lower sugar substitute for honey and maple syrup in most recipes.
You can change up the flavor of your protein cookies by using different flavor protein powder. Cinnamon bun, chocolate, birthday cake, and so on!
There’s never enough cookies! Try our Easy Keto Cookies next.
Vegan Chickpea Protein Cookies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Can Chickpeas - 15.5 Ounces (Low sodium preferred)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Almond Flour - Oat or Whole Wheat Pastry flour work great too
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips - *Optional
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Process or blend all of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips together until smooth
- Lightly mix in your Chocolate Chips or whatever else you want
- Grab a spoonful worth of your mix (or however big you wanna make them) and shape your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake on 350F/176C for 12-15 minutes
- Calories: 1136
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Carbs: 108g (Net Carbs: 82g)
- Fiber: 26g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 68g
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Carbs: 10.8g (Net Carbs: 8.2g)
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: .9g
- Protein: 6.8g
These came out better than expected.
I didn’t have enough almond flour (forgot to check before I started cooking) so I used a bit of coconut flour and they worked great.
I will have to make a double batch next time.
Great recipe! More vegan recipes please… 😀 😀