Today, we take a stroll down Chickpea Lane and make some super easy AND delicious vegan friendly Protein Chickpea Cookies. You only need 8 ingredients and you should have most of them on hand!
For these chickpeascookies you’re gonna start by draining and rinsing 1 can worth of chickpeas. Do your best to remove all of the water after rinsing them.
Once rinsed, add into a
By the way, I’ve used all 3 flours and they all work great. Almond flour will give you the best overall macros though!
Process or blend everything together until it’s smooth. This should take around 30 seconds. Optionally toss in some chocolate chips or whatever else you want and lightly mix those in with a spoon!
Bake Your Chickpea Cookies
Take out a baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper so nothing sticks. On top of that, shape and press down your mix into cookies. Throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 12-15 minutes.
You really can’t go wrong with these protein chickpea cookies. They have a nice dense and chewy chocolate chip texture to them! Seriously good!
Brown Rice Syrup is a great lower sugar substitute for honey and maple syrup in most recipes.
You can change up the flavor of your cookies by using different flavor protein powder. Cinnamon bun, chocolate, birthday cake, and so on!
There’s never enough protein cookies! Try our Easy Keto Cookies next.
Easy Vegan Chickpea Protein Cookies
- 1 Can Chickpeas 15.5 Ounces/439g (Low sodium preferred)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Almond Flour 56g (Oat or Whole Wheat Pastry flour work great too)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter 32g
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (The video featured smaller scoops)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips *Optional
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Process or blend all of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips together until smooth
- Lightly mix in your Chocolate Chips or whatever else you want
- Grab a spoonful worth of your mix (or however big you wanna make them) and shape your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake on 350F/176C for 12-15 minutes
- Calories: 1136
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 990mg
- Carbs: 108g (Net Carbs: 82g)
- Fiber: 26g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 68g
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Carbs: 10.8g (Net Carbs: 8.2g)
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: .9g
- Protein: 6.8g