We made it to 2021! Something tells me the whole new year, new you saying has a lot more value this year. Speaking of value, we’re gonna start this year of recipes off with our old friend the slow cooker! This Easy White Chicken Chili takes no time at all to prep, is packed with protein, will last you the whole week, and hopefully paves another road for you to get that much closer to your goals!
We’re gonna start this one off by optionally lining our slow cooker for easy clean up. Yes, it actually saves time (helps with portioning too)! I link to my liners below.
Continue by sautéing a chopped up yellow onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil.
Once those are sautéed, all you have to do for this white chicken chili is add everything into your slow cooker starting with 3 pounds of fat trimmed chicken breast.
White Chicken Chili
Continue with 3 cups of chicken broth, 4 ounces of diced green chiles (your choice heat), 4 ounces of diced jalapeños, 2 cups of corn, 2 teaspoons of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, a little black pepper, your sautéed onion and garlic mix, and 2 cans of a drained and rinsed white bean with 1/2 of 1 can mashed up (thickens your chili), today I’m using some great northern beans.
Want a thicker white chicken chili? Use less broth and/or mash up more of your beans!
Give that a quick mix, throw your lid on, and turn your slow cooker on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
After that, shred your chicken which should shred super easy, add in 1 container of a plain Greek yogurt, and 4 ounces of cream cheese.
Continue cooking your white chicken chili on low heat until those are mixed in and it’s creamy, it should thicken up a bit more.
So there you go, portion it out into 6 servings and you’ll have protein packed chili for the entire week!
Want another chili? Try our Bodybuilding Chicken Chili recipe here!
Easy White Chicken Chili
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic - Minced Garlic is great!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast - Experiment with another protein like turkey!
- 32 Ounces Bone Broth - Use less for thicker chili
- 4 Ounces Green Chiles - Diced (Your Choice Heat)
- 4 Ounces Jalapeños - Diced
- 2 Cups Corn - Canned or Frozen
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper - Your Choice
- 2 Cans White Beans - I used Great Northern here (15.5 Ounce Cans)
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese - I used Reduced Fat but Full or Fat Free work great too!
- Optionally line your slow cooker for easy clean up
- Sauté your Onion and Garlic with your Olive Oil
- Trim the fat off your Chicken Breast
- Add everything into your slow cooker aside from your Greek Yogurt and Cream Cheese
- Mix and cover
- Cook on Low Heat for 5-6 hours or High Heat for 3-4 hours
- Shred your Chicken Breast
- Stir in your Greek Yogurt and Cream Cheese and continue cooking until creamy
- Calories: 3126
- Fat: 90g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 4230mg
- Carbs: 193g
- Fiber: 73g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 386g
- Calories: 521
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 705mg
- Carbs: 32.1g
- Fiber: 12.1g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 64.3g