We’ve made lunch and we’ve definitely made dinner in our slow cooker. What we haven’t made yet? Breakfast! This Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is easy to meal prep, budget friendly, packed with protein, and super delicious!
Did I mention it only takes a few minutes to prep?
Start by taking out a large bowl and your slow cooker.
Add into your large bowl 12 large whole eggs, 1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken, 1/4 cup of milk, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or a garlic seasoning.
Mix those ingredients up good.
Coat your slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray and add into by layers, some chopped or shredded hash browns, bacon bits, lean ground turkey or beef, chopped red onions, and cheddar cheese. Here is a list of the total amount of each ingredient that I used. You’ll want 3 layers. After your layers are done, pour in your mix. Cover your slow cooker and turn it on low for 6-7 hours.
Once your breakfast casserole is done, it’s more than easy to portion out. Figure out how many servings you want, cut it, and distribute it into your containers.
I made 5 servings and each serving was around 15 ounces or 425 grams.
There you go, another slow cooker recipe to add to your meal prep!
Add in other spices, seasonings, vegetables, or sauces (hot sauce to add some heat!) to switch up your breakfast casserole when you get bored. Let me know what you add in below in the comments.
Try our delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala next!
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 12 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken - 10 1/2 Ounces 98% Fat Free
- 2 Ounces Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning - or Powder
- 1 ½ Pounds Hash Browns - I prefer shredded
- 3 Ounces Bacon Bits
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey - or Beef (I like 96/4)
- 1 Red Onion - Chopped
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese - Fat Free
- Mix together your Eggs, Cream of Chicken, Milk, and Garlic Seasoning
- Coat your slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add in 1/3 of your Hash Browns, Bacon Bits, Turkey or Beef, Chopped Red Onion, and Cheddar Cheese
- Repeat until you have 3 layers
- Pour your mix in
- Turn your slow cooker on Low Heat for 6-7 hours
- Calories: 2803
- Fat: 99g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Sodium: 4633mg
- Carbs: 188g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 290g
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Sodium: 926.6mg
- Carbs: 37.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 58g