Ready to start you day with some super easy Cottage Cheese Pancakes? These pancakes are packed with great macros and guess what!? You don’t need protein powder to make them!
Since we’re using cottage cheese for this one and you probably don’t want that texture in your pancakes you’ll need either a blender or food processor.
The best part about using a blender or food processor? It makes the recipe WAY quicker in just a few steps!
The worst part? Cleaning your appliance (tip for this at the end)!
Step 1. Add in 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 tablespoon of your favorite sweetener (I prefer erythritol here), 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
Don’t like or don’t have coconut flour? Don’t worry, any flour should work! I do like the taste of the coconut flour in these.
Before we jump into the next step of these cottage cheese pancakes you should know that you can easily change up the flavor or macros of these.
How? By adding in things like cocoa powder, peanut or other nut butter, protein powder, ground cinnamon, and so on. Experiment with them when you get bored!
Step 2. Blend or process everything together. Your pancake mix should look “smooth” before continuing. Pretty easy so far, right?
If your mix appears to be too thick you can add in a little water or milk (1-2 ounces at a time) to thin it out. This will depend on how much liquid your cottage cheese has in it.
Step 3. Throw a pan on medium heat, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and make your pancakes however big you want them. You should cook each side for 1-2 minutes.
There you go! I topped my cottage cheese pancakes with a little whipped cream and some sugar free syrup.
Tip for cleaning your food processor or blender? Add some a little soap and water into it after you’re done and give it a couple pulses!
Once you try these you have to try our Cauliflower Protein Pancakes next!
Before we end this one, what’s your favorite or one of your favorite cottage cheese recipes? Let me know in the comments below! These are definitely on the top of that list for me!.
Fluffy Cottage Cheese Pancakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¾ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (or Reduced/Full Fat)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener - I like Erythritol
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour - or Other Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Water - or Milk *Optional (For thinning out your mix if it's too thick)
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender or food processor
- Blend or process until smooth
- If your mix is too thick you can thin it out by adding in a little water or milk, 1-2 ounces at a time. This will depend on how much liquid your cottage cheese has.
- Turn a burner on medium heat, coat a pan with some non-stick cooking spray, pour your mix in, and cook each side for 1-2 minutes
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 804mg
- Carbs: 46g (Net Carbs: 26g)
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 53g