HEY!!! Awhile back someone asked me to make some cauliflower pancakes! I don’t know why it’s taken me so long but today we’re gonna do just that and with only 7 ingredients and less than 15 grams of net carbs! Oh yeah…the most important part? They actually taste like pancakes…
All you need for this one is either a food process or good blender. The food processor I use I’ve been using it for like 10 years and it’s more than affordable, you can check it out by clicking here. Now you’re gonna start with around half a head or 200 grams of fresh cauliflower. If it’s not fresh it’s almost guaranteed to have too much water in it and the recipe won’t work so keep this in mind. Next add in 1/4 cup of coconut flour, around 1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla will work great), 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 9 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. Toss it onto your processor or blender and process or blend everything together until smooth.
You’re almost done! Take out a stove top pan or griddle, turn your burner on medium heat, coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in once it heats up. You should cook each side for around 2 minutes and they should start to fluff up almost immediately.
Food Processor: http://amzn.to/2kjWrY8
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 Head (200g) Fresh Cauliflower
- 1/4 Cup (28g) Coconut Flour (or Almond Flour)
- 1 Scoop (38g) Protein Powder (I prefer 100% Whey or Lean Pro8)
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 9 Tablespoons Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract *Optional
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 371
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 401mg
- Carbs: 29g (Net Carbs: 12g)
- Fiber: 17g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 48g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients into either a really powerful blender or food processor
- Blend/process everything together until smooth
- Turn a burner on medium heat and coat a pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side for around 2-3 minutes
- Frozen cauliflower will have too much water content…USE FRESH CAULIFLOWER!
- Add in some cocoa powder if you’re using chocolate protein!