Your new favorite delicious, easy to make, and cheap tilapia meal prep is here! This Healthy Baked Crusted Tilapia recipe is made with Ritz crackers and simple ingredients.
For this recipe you’re going to need a bowl for your crumb mix, a bowl or plate for your olive oil, and a baking sheet to cook your fish on.
In your bowl for your crumb mix add 3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper, 8 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, and 20 crushed up Ritz crackers.
One method to easily crush up your Ritz crackers is to put them into a sealed bag and crush them using the back of a glass.
Mix all of those ingredients together.
In your other bowl or on a plate with a lip add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Using a plate with a lip will make sure that your olive oil doesn’t drip off the edges.
Take out 1 pound of tilapia or other choice fish. Flip each piece of fish around a few times in your olive oil then in your crumb mix.
Don’t like tilapia? Use haddock, salmon, or any other type of fish you prefer!
After you’ve coated each piece place your tilapia onto a baking sheet sprayed with some non-stick cooking spray. If you have any crumb mix leftover you can evenly distribute it across the top of your fish.
Squeeze a lemon over the top and put your healthy baked crusted tilapia into the oven. You’ll want to cook it on 450F/232C for around 8-12 minutes depending on how thick or thin your fish is.
When your healthy baked crusted tilapia turns a golden brown color and starts to flake, it’s done.
This is a great, quick way to make a bland and boring fish taste delicious!
Change up the flavors by:
- Using various flavored Ritz crackers
- Adding in seasonings or spices
Ready for dessert? How about some High Fiber Protein Fudge!?
Healthy Baked Crusted Tilapia
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Tilapia
- 3 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 8 Tablespoons Parmesan & Romano Cheese - Grated
- 20 Crackers - Ritz
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-3 Squirts Lemon Juice - Pier Piece
- Crush up your Ritz Crackers
- Take a bowl out and combine everything but your Olive Oil and Tilapia into it
- Mix those together
- Take out another bowl and add in your Olive Oil
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Place both sides of your Tilapia in the Olive Oil then flip your Tilapia around a few times in the Bread Crumb mix
- Put your Tilapia onto the baking sheet and cover evenly with the remaining Bread Crumb mix
- Top with a few squirts of Lemon on each piece
- Bake on 450F/232C for 8-12 minutes depending on how thick or thin your fish is
- Calories: 1232
- Fat: 68g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 1240mg
- Carbs: 46g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 109g
I bought a bunch of tilapia just so I could make this recipe. Really, really good. I used lemon as a garnish as well as hot sauce. I also tried your sriracha chicken nuggets and the peanut butter cups, and I’ve gotta say, good recipes on this site Derek! I’ve got several of them in mind for future meals this and next week (that Super Bowl taco dip looks awwwwesome). Thanks!