It’s breakfast time and today we’re diving into another quick casserole recipe! This Healthy Breakfast Casserole is made with just 4 base ingredients, has 161 grams of protein, and takes 10 minutes or less to prep!
Start this one by adding into a large mixing bowl 6 large whole eggs, 1 cup of cheese (I went with cheddar), 200 grams of plain Greek yogurt, and 1 pound of a cooked protein.
You can either use a precooked protein like diced ham to make this recipe quicker or brown some lean ground beef, turkey, or sausage prior to adding it.
These are your 4 base ingredients, whatever else you add in is really up to you and what you like for breakfast.
Healthy Casserole Vegetables
I’m adding into my healthy breakfast casserole today 40 grams of spinach, 1/2 a chopped up white onion, 3 chopped up bell peppers (various colors), a little salt, and some black pepper.
Mix all of those ingredients together thoroughly.
Flavor tip? If you have the time you can sauté your chopped up vegetables!
Next, take out at least a 2 quart baking dish, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix into it.
This is the part where you can optionally top it with something like a couple bacon bits.
From here throw it into the oven on 350F/176C for around 45-50 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the center has limited jiggle.
It’s time for the tip of the day, breakfast edition!
Do you like iced coffee? Hate when it gets watered down?
Pour some leftover coffee into an ice cube tray and have coffee ice cubes ready to go at all times. No more watered down coffee!
Breakfast Casserole Tips
A couple tips for this one?
- I like to quickly reheat mine by putting a piece in the microwave for around :30 seconds.
- It freezes great if you end up making too much or don’t plan to eat it within 3-4 days.
- Want more carbs? Add it into a wrap!
- Don’t forget to use herbs, spices, or seasonings to easily change up the flavor(s).
A couple other variations I’ve made?
- Any Protein + Garlic + Broccoli
- Ground Beef or Turkey + Mexican Blend Cheese + Taco Seasoning Mix + Green Onions
- Any Protein + Cayenne Pepper + Green Beans + Mushrooms
Ready for dessert? How about a Healthy Cheesecake with Simple Ingredients?
Healthy Breakfast Casserole
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 6 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheese - I like Cheddar
- 200 g Greek Yogurt - Plain
- 1 Pound Protein - Cooked (Ham, Ground Beef or Turkey, Sausage, Etc)
- 50 g Spinach - *Optional
- ½ White Onion - *Optional
- 3 Bell Pepper - Various Colors *Optional
- Salt - Your Choice
- Black Pepper - Your Choice
- Chop up your vegetables
- Cook/brown your protein if needed
- Add all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Mix everything together thoroughly
- Coat at least a 2 quart baking dish with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in
- Optionally top your casserole with whatever you want
- Bake it on 350F/176C for around 45-50 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the center has limited jiggle
- Calories: 1667
- Fat: 83g
- Saturated Fat: 37g
- Sodium: 5930mg
- Carbs: 69g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 26g
- Protein: 161g
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Sodium: 988.3mg
- Carbs: 11.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Calories: 1779
- Fat: 99g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 1553mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 18g
- Protein: 177g
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Sodium: 258.8mg
- Carbs: 7.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 29.5g
Add cottage cheese for extra protein? Get it closer to 30-35g per serving.
Derek I followed you for years now. Love your recipes. Thank you, this is perfect for meal preps and super convenient.
Could this be done in an air fryer?
As long as your air fryer is big enough, sure!