Who says you can’t eat pizza for breakfast!? Change up your morning routine with this super easy and delicious Healthy Breakfast Pita Pizza recipe! This one takes just a few minutes to prep and is PACKED with protein.
Start by taking out some pita bread. You now have 2 options…
The first option is to split your pita bread in half. This will decrease baking time, give you a crispy pizza, and lower the carbs in the recipe.
The second option is to use the whole piece of pita bread. This is what I’m doing today.
Both options are great but my preference is to use a whole piece of pita bread. I also like to throw all of my toppings on first before it goes in the oven. This will give it a softer, crispy crust.
If you want it crispier you can bake it on 400F/204C for a few minutes before you put your toppings onto it.
The ingredients listed here will make 2 healthy breakfast pita pizzas. If you want more, double or triple the recipe using the scale below to accommodate your diet and macros.
With that said, take out a stovetop pan and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. Let that heat up.
Continue, once it heats up, by sautéing some chopped up red onion and green pepper for a couple minutes.
You’ll know they’re done when they soften up a bit and start to turn translucent.
Pour in and scramble 1 large whole egg and 3 large egg whites once your vegetables are done sautéing. This whole process should take just a few minutes.
Pita Pizza Toppings
Line a baking pan with some parchment paper and put your healthy breakfast pita pizza bread onto it.
Layer on 1/2 cup of a pasta or pizza sauce (cover both pitas), 1 cup of spinach, your scrambled egg mix, 2 tablespoons of bacon bits, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, and 1/2 cup of some reduced fat cheddar cheese.
Put those in the oven and bake your healthy breakfast pita pizzas on 425F/218C for 7-10 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
These are the toppings that I like or at least that I was craving when I made this recipe. You can use whatever kind of sauce, cheese, vegetables, fruits, candy, or other toppings you like, as long as they fit your macros.
- Top your pizzas with whatever you want, the choice is YOURS!
- Split your pita bread in half. This will significantly decrease the carbs in each pizza and also give you a crispier crust.
Think outside the box, follow your cravings, and never give up pizza!
Try our delicious Cauliflower Pizza next!
Healthy Breakfast Pita Pizza
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Pitas
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce - or Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Spinach - or Kale
- Red Onion - Your choice
- Green Pepper - Your choice
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits
- ¼ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat (or Other Cheese)
- Chop up some Red Onion and Green Pepper
- Take out a stovetop pan, add in your Olive Oil, and sauté your chopped up Red Onion and Green Pepper for a couple minutes or until they soften
- Mix together your Whole Egg and Egg Whites
- Add your egg mix into your pan and scramble it together
- Take out your Pitas and put them onto either a baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Evenly distribute your Sauce followed by your Spinach, scrambled eggs, Bacon Bits, Oregano, and Cheddar Cheese
- Bake them on 425F/218C for 7-10 minutes or until your cheese is melted
- Calories: 821
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 1306mg
- Carbs: 79g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 61g
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Sodium: 653mg
- Carbs: 39.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 30.5g