Are you ready to try one of my favorite quick meal prep recipes? This Baked Chicken Pesto recipe is packed with protein, low in carbs, smells as good as it looks, and only takes around 30 minutes to make! Did I mention you only need a few ingredients to make!?
Start this recipe by taking out 3 pounds of chicken breast, trimming the fat off of them, and cutting them into cutlets (thin slices). Use a sharp knife to do this!
Place those cutlets into a baking dish just big enough to fit all of them. You want everything snug so that there is no open space in your baked chicken pesto.
Top and evenly distribute over your baked chicken pesto 1/2 cup of basil pesto, 1/2 cup of marinara, and 2 freshly sliced plum tomatoes.
Don’t have pesto? Make your own by processing or blending these ingredients together until they look like…pesto!
Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 Cups Basil
- 4 Tablespoons (20g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic (or 2 Cloves Garlic)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Cover your baking dish with some aluminum foil and put it into the oven on 375F/190C for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes take out your baking dish and uncover it.
Sprinkle over the top of your baked pesto chicken 6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Don’t like mozzarella? Use whatever you want!
Put your chicken back into the oven on 375F/190C for 10 minutes.
Eat this baked pesto chicken recipe by itself, over rice or quinoa, in a salad, or anything else you can think of! Let me know some of your favorite ways to eat this in the comments below.
Guess what time it is now? Dessert time! How about a Protein Molten Lava Cake!?
Baked Chicken Pesto
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Pesto - Basil
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 Sliced Tomato - Plum
- 6 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Trim the fat off your Chicken Breast and cut them in half the long way
- Take out a baking dish and add your Chicken Breast into it (make sure to use a dish that allows everything to fit snug)
- Evenly distribute your Basil Pesto, Marinara, and Sliced Plum Tomatoes on top
- Cover your dish with aluminum foil
- Bake on 375F/190C for 25 minutes
- Take your chicken out and uncover it
- Top it with your Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes on 375F/190C
- Calories: 2154
- Fat: 90g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 1420mg
- Carbs: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 310g
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Sodium: 236.6mg
- Carbs: 4.3g
- Fiber: .5g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 51.6g