Do you love Alfredo sauce but hate the calories? Well this Healthy Protein Alfredo Sauce recipe is your new best friend! Low in fat, high in protein, and delicious!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups (12 Ounces) Fat Free Milk
- 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Unsalted or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup (50g) Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup (20g) Rolled Oats
- 3 Cloves Garlic (1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Scoop (30g) Natural Protein Powder
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 698
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1376mg
- Carbs: 47g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 60g
Put all of your ingredients aside from the Olive Oil into either a blender or food processor. Blend/process everything together making sure there are no chunks in the sauce. Take out a medium sauce pan, turn your stove top burner on Medium Heat, put 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil into it, and let it heat up. Add in your sauce. Stir your sauce until it thickens. Enjoy!
- If your sauce is too thick or you prefer a thinner sauce, add more milk to the recipe as it thickens until it’s to your liking!