Trick OR TREAT!?! I REALLY don’t think this one needs an intro. Lets just say that if people gave this healthy and high protein Pumpkin Cheesecake out during Halloween I would never stop trick or treating…
Start by lining a 6×2” pan with some parchment paper. If you don’t have one here’s a link to the one I’ve used for years for ALL of my cheesecake recipes: http://amzn.to/2fbhIfP. By the way if you hate shaping your parchment paper like me use some metal binder clips to hold the sides down, they’re oven safe!
Next take out a bowl and crush up 4 ginger snaps. You can easily crush them up by using the back of a glass and pressing down. You’ll want them pretty fine since we’re using them for our crust. After that add in 1/4 cup of almond flour and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix everything together, add it on top of your parchment paper, and press it down to shape your crust. Bake it on 350F/176C for around 8-12 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Now take out a large bowl and add into it 16 ounces of fat free cream cheese, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites, 1/3 cup of a sweetener, 1-2 tablespoons of a light brown sugar or brown sugar substitute like Sukrin Gold, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 2 containers or 10.6 ounces of pumpkin or vanilla Greek yogurt (I personally like to use one of each flavor). Mix everything together then you’re gonna mix in 2 scoops or 60 grams of my Baking Protein Powder.
Once mixed take out another bowl and pour half of your mix in it. In that bowl add 1/2 cup of pure pumpkin and mix it in. For your first layer pour some of your non-pumpkin mix in it, smooth it out, and on top of that add a pumpkin layer and smooth that out. Repeat until all of your mix is gone and then cut it in with a knife to give it that swirl effect! Add some chocolate chips on top or whatever else you want and put it in the oven on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes. After 30-35 minutes drop your temperature down to 200F/93C and continue baking it for another 50 minutes to 1 hour. Take it out, let it cool, wrap it up, and put it into the fridge for a couple hours. Once your sweet tooth kicks in, remove it, unwrap it, remove any moisture with a paper towel, cut it….and…DEVOUR!!!
Seriously, I could say stuff like delicious, amazing, unreal, **** ****, and so on but all of them would not do this cheesecake justice…not just this cheesecake but any of them that I’ve made. If you’re scared to try one…DON’T BE! Aside from the taste they are extremely hard to screw up!!!
What’s YOUR favorite cheesecake? Let me know in the comments below!
Purchase my 6×2 pan here: http://amzn.to/2fbhIfP
Here is the recipe for the crust:
- 4 Crushed Up Ginger Snaps
- 1/4 Cup (28g) Almond Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter
Here is the recipe for the cheesecake:
- 16 Ounces Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/3 Cup Sweetener
- 1-2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar (or low calorie alternative like Sukrin Gold)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 10.6 Ounces (300g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Pumpkin or Vanilla)
- 2 Scoops (60g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1/2 Cup (121g) Pure Pumpkin
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1896
- Fat: 68g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 2104mg
- Carbs: 159g = 140g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 57g
- Protein: 162g
Calories in each piece (if you cut 8):
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Carbs: 19.8g = 17.5g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sugar: 7.1g
- Protein: 20.2g
How to make:
- Line a 6×2 pan with parchment paper
- In a smaller bowl crush up your Ginger Snaps, melt your Butter, and mix all of your crust ingredients together
- Press your crust into the bottom of your pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake your crust on 350F/176C for 8-12 minutes or until it’s golden brown
- In a large bowl mix together all of your cheesecake ingredients aside from your Protein Powder and Pumpkin
- Mix in your Protein Powder
- Pour half of your mix into another bowl and mix in your Pure Pumpkin into that bowl
- Pour some of your plain mix into your 6×2 pan, smooth it out, top it with your pumpkin mix, and repeat until all of your mix is gone
- Cut your mix in with a knife to give it a swirl effect
- Top it with whatever your want
- Bake it on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes then drop your temperature to 200F/93C and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool, wrap it up, and put it into the fridge for a couple hours (I prefer overnight)