When life gives you a lemon…make cookies, not a studio album! Seriously though if you’ve never had a lemon dessert, you’re missing out! There’s just something delicious about the flavor of lemon combined with sweetness. The best part about baking with lemon? Like you’ll see in this Lemon Chia Protein Cookies recipe, it’s super easy to make most lemon desserts healthy!
Start by taking out 2 bowls (make sure one of them is large). In one bowl add in 4 tablespoons or 30 grams of coconut flour, 2 scoops or 60 grams of my Baking Protein, 1 tablespoon or 12 grams of chia seeds, 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, around 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum which is used as a thickener to keep your cookies nice and chewy! Lightly mix those ingredients together.
In your other bowl add in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 large egg, 1 or 2 tablespoons of your choice sweetener, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons or 42 grams of honey, and 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of lemon juice. Mix those ingredients together.
We’re almost done! Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and continuing mixing until you have your cookie dough. TIP: To make shaping your cookies as easy as possible, cover and put your dough in the fridge for 20-30 minutes (it’ll be WAY less sticky)!
Last, take out a baking pan and line it with either some parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, which are an awesome investment that’ll last you way longer than a couple rolls of parchment paper AND they only cost around 12 bucks for 2 of them. Click here to check out the ones I use! After your pan is lined, use your hands or for more precision use a cookie scoop and place your dough onto your pan while shaping your cookies. Bake them on 325F/162C for 10-12 minutes depending on how big your cookies are.
Check these out:
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mats:
Here is the recipe:
- 4 Tablespoons (30g) Coconut Flour (or Oat Flour)
- 1 Tablespoon (12g) Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Scoops (60g) Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1-2 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (42g) Honey
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Lemon Juice
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 857
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 31g
- Sodium: 405mg
- Carbs: 64g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 34g
- Protein: 58g
Calories in each cookie (if you make 10):
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Sodium: 40.5mg
- Carbs: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Protein: 5.8g
How to make:
- Take out 2 bowls (make sure one of them is large)
- Put your Sweetener off to the side, zest your Lemon, and add in all of your dry ingredients into one bowl
- Lightly mix those together
- Add your Sweetener and all of your wet ingredients into your other bowl
- Mix those together
- Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix everything together until it looks like cookie dough
- Take out a baking pan, line it with some parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and shape your dough into cookies
- Baking on 325F/162C for 10-12 minutes
- Use a cookie scoop so all your cookies are the same size!
- Cover and put your dough in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before your shape your cookies (it’ll be way less sticky)!