Looking for a quick and healthier alternative to chocolate chip cookies? Look no further! This Microwave Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie recipe takes less than a minute to make, is low sugar, high protein, and absolutely delicious!
You’ll need a mixing bowl big enough for all of your ingredients, a microwave safe dish, and a…microwave!
Add right into your mixing bowl 1 large whole egg or 2 large egg whites, 3 tablespoons of coconut or oat flour, 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 tablespoon of chocolate chips, a pinch of salt, and 1 ounce of Greek yogurt.
Change up the flavor of your protein cookie by changing up the flavor of your Greek yogurt. Want a salted caramel cookie? Use salted caramel Greek yogurt. Chocolate mint cookie? Use a chocolate mint Greek yogurt. Let me know your favorite flavor in the comments below!
Mix all of those ingredients together until your microwave chocolate chip protein cookie dough forms.
Pour your mix onto a microwavable dish and shape your cookie with your hands. However big or small you want your microwave chocolate chip protein cookie is completely up to you!
Cookie tip? Double or triple the recipe and/or make a ton of smaller cookies!
Top and press in 1/4 tablespoon of chocolate chips or anything else you want on your cookies like nuts, other chips, sprinkles, and so on.
Microwave Protein Cookie
Microwave your cookie(s) for 35 seconds, wait 5 seconds, continue microwaving for an additional 20 seconds, wait 5 more seconds, and microwave again for 10 seconds.
If your cookie still doesn’t look done, keep microwaving it in 10 seconds intervals.
Why do we have to wait 5 seconds? Well, you don’t but waiting will help the recipe cook evenly (not dry out) and help prevent your cookie(s) from burning!
Depending on how powerful your microwave is this may take more or less time. Keep an eye on your microwave chocolate chip protein cookie and remember how long it took for next time.
How about some baked Protein Cookies next!?
Microwave Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Egg Whites - or 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar - 4g
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - 27g (or Oat Flour)
- 1 Ounce Greek Yogurt - 30g Plain Fat Free
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - 7.5g Semi-Sweet
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl aside from a few Chocolate Chips
- Mix everything together
- Take out a plate, add your mix onto it, and shape your mix into a cookie (or multiple cookies)
- Add the rest of your Chocolate Chips on top and press them in
- Microwave your cookie(s) for :35 seconds, wait :5 seconds, microwave again for :20 seconds, wait another :5 seconds, and microwave one last time for :10 seconds
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Carbs: 26g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 21g