It’s time to beat your cookie cravings with The Best Protein Cookies you’ll ever have and the only protein cookie recipe you’ll EVER need! This baked cookie recipe has the perfect texture, is packed with protein, healthy, absolutely delicious, and diet friendly.
Start this one by turning your rolled oats into oat flour. If you already have oat flour, you can skip this step.
To turn your rolled oats into oat flour you’ll need 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats and either a good blender or food processor. I like to use a food processor.
All you need to do? Add your rolled into whatever you’re using and blend or process until they look like flour!
How To Make Protein Cookies
Take out a large bowl for your dry ingredients. Add into it the oat flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 scoops of your choice flavor protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Use a complimenting protein powder flavor. Adding chocolate chips? Use a vanilla protein powder. Want chocolate cookies? Use chocolate protein powder. Think outside the box and beat all of your cookie cravings!
Remember, the more protein powder you use the “fluffier” they’ll be.
Mix those dry ingredients together.
Take out another bowl for your wet ingredients. Add into it 1 large whole egg, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 10 teaspoon of light brown sugar or brown sugar substitute, 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce, and 4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
Mix those wet ingredients together.
With a hand mixer, slowly mix together your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
Once mixed, add in whatever you want like some sugar free chocolate chips, sprinkle, chunks, and so on. Lightly mix those in.
Cover your protein cookie dough and place it into the fridge for a couple hours or until it hardens up/is cold.
Take out a cookie sheet, line it with some parchment paper, and shape your protein cookie dough up until balls. The bigger your cookie balls are, the bigger your protein cookies will be!
At this stage before the oven you could also top them, just make sure to incorporate your topping into the overall macros.
Bake your protein cookies on 350F/176C for around 8-10 minutes.
Pro tip? Baking them too long or on too high of a temperature will result in more fluffy and/or shiny cookies.
Like this protein dessert? Try The Best Protein Cheesecake recipe next!
The Best Protein Cookies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats - Turned into Oat Flour (120g)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - 60g Vanilla
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 10 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar - 40g
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 122g (or 1 Banana)
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil - 56g
- Chocolate Chips - Or whatever you want to add into or on top of them!
- Turn your Rolled Oats into oat flour by blending or processing them until they look like flour
- Add your Oat Flour, Baking Powder, Protein Powder, Salt, and Ground Cinnamon into a bowl
- Mix those together
- Melt your Coconut Oil
- Combine your Egg, Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar, Apple Sauce, and melted Coconut Oil into a bowl
- Mix those together
- Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients while mixing everything together
- Lightly mix in sprinkles, chunks, chips, or anything else you want
- Cover and put your dough in the fridge for around 1-2 hours or until it hardens up
- Take out a baking pan and line it with parchment paper
- Shape your mix into balls and put them onto your baking pan
- Top them with whatever you want
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes on 350F/176C
- Calories: 1639
- Fat: 71
- Saturated Fat: 57g
- Sodium: 827mg
- Carbs: 141g
- Fiber: 17g
- Sugar: 65g
- Protein: 109g
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Sodium: 82.7mg
- Carbs: 14.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Protein: 10.9g