Breakfast food is my favorite food and protein is my favorite macro-nutrient so combining both together for some healthy protein banana pancakes was a dream come true! You guys will love my protein banana pancakes recipe!
Here is the recipe:
- 3/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats (120g) or 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats (120g)
- 1/2 Cup (113g) Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Scoop Protein Powder (I like vanilla or banana)
- 1 Medium Banana (cut into slivers)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk substitute)
Combine all of the ingredients into a either a food processor or blender. Process/blend everything together. Take out a stove top pan or griddle, put your burner on Medium Heat, and coat your stove top pan or griddle with some non-stick cooking spray. After it heats up spoon the batter onto your stove top pan or griddle. Cook each side for 2:00-3:00. Enjoy!
My hand mixer: http://amzn.to/2jhKwZg
Affordable stove top pans (high quality too): http://amzn.to/2fea3Rr
- Use fat free whip cream/cool whip/nuts/fruit to top them!
- Add in chocolate/peanut butter chips or anything else to the recipe
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 670
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 678mg
- Carbs: 87g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 49g