Eat the brownie and keep the diet with some Protein Black Bean Brownies! This black bean brownie recipe is healthy, easy to make, filling, and guaranteed to hit the spot. What more could you ask for?
To make this recipe you’re going to need a food processor or really powerful blender to get your beans fully incorporated. If you don’t have a food processor, here’s a link to the one we’ve been using and recommend.
Add right into your food processor 1/4 cup of rolled oats, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 3 large whole eggs, 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, and 1 15 ounce can of drained & rinsed black beans.
Did you know that cocoa powder has no sugar in it and 2 grams of fiber for every 10 calories?
Process or blend all of those ingredients together until your protein black beans mix is smooth.
Switch up your protein powder flavor to easily change up the flavor of your brownies. Vanilla or a natural flavored protein powder both work great.
Baked Protein Brownies
Take out a baking dish or pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, pour your mix into it, and optionally press in some chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you want. Let us know some of the creative and healthy ways you make these protein black bean brownies in the comments below.
Bake your brownies on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes depending on the size of your pan. You can check if your brownies are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of them. Pull your brownies out when the toothpick comes up clean!
Pro tip? Unsweetened apple sauce is a great healthy substitute for butter or oil in most baked goods!
Level these up even more by topping them with some Chocolate Protein Spread!
Protein Black Bean Brownies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¼ Cup Rolled Oats - 20g
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g Vanilla, Chocolate, or Natural
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 61g
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil - 32g
- ¼ Cup Sweetener
- 3 Large Whole Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 20g
- 15 Ounces Black Beans - 425g
- 2-3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips - 30-45g *Optional
- Drain and rinse your Black Beans
- Add all of the ingredients together in a food processor or blender aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Process or blend everything together
- Add in your Chocolate Chips or whatever else you’re using
- Take out a baking dish and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes
- Calories: 1250
- Fat: 62g
- Saturated Fat: 46g
- Sodium: 1487mg
- Carbs: 104g
- Fiber: 32g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 69g