It’s time to start your mornings off with a slice of Protein Blueberry Bread! This healthy breakfast recipe is loaded with blueberries, easy to make with protein powder, and packed with all the right macros! If you’re a fan of blueberry bread then you’re going to love this one.
For this recipe you’ll need a bowl for your dry ingredients, a bowl for your wet ingredients, something to mix your ingredients with, and a bread pan like this.
Add in your bowl for your dry ingredients 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 3 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 8 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 cup of rolled oats turned into oat flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener or 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey (adds more sugar to the recipe).
Make your own homemade oat flour by simply processing or blending your rolled oats until they look like oat flour.
Mix all of those dry ingredients together and put them off to the side.
Add into your bowl for your wet ingredients 3 extra large egg whites, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 container of a blueberry Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.
Mix all of those wet ingredients together until your mix is smooth.
Blueberry Bread Mix
Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated. I like using a hand mixer to make this step easier.
Last, lightly mix in 2 cups of fresh or thawed frozen blueberries.
Take out your bread pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your protein blueberry bread mix in.
Put your pan into the oven on 350F/176C for around 35-40 minutes depending on the size of your pan. You can check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick into the center of your bread and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
Remove your pan, cut your protein blueberry bread, and optionally top your slice! I like to top my slices with some Greek yogurt, protein frosting, peanut butter, jelly, and so on. Let us know what healthy toppings you use in the comments below.
Top your slices with some Greek yogurt, protein frosting, peanut butter, jelly, or anything else you can think of!
Ready for some Blueberry Low Carb Pancakes?
Protein Blueberry Bread
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 8 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Sweetener - or 1 ½ Tablespoons/31.5g Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Extra Large Egg Whites
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Blueberry
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Cups Blueberries - Thawed Frozen (or Fresh Blueberries)
- Turn your Rolled Oats into oat flour by blending or processing your oats until they look like flour
- Add all of your dry ingredients into a bowl
- Mix those together
- Take out another bowl for your wet ingredients and add all of those in
- Mix those together
- Slowly mix your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients
- Add in your Blueberries and lightly mix those in
- Take out a baking pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in
- Bake on 350F/176C for 35-40 minutes
- Calories: 1240
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 789mg
- Carbs: 154g
- Fiber: 42g
- Sugar: 54g
- Protein: 120g
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Sodium: 98.6mg
- Carbs: 19.2g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Protein: 15g