It’s time to beat those carrot cake cravings at breakfast with this Protein Carrot Cake Oatmeal recipe! Diet friendly, delicious, and packed with all the right flavors.
Start this one by adding into a microwavable bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, and 1/2 cup of water.
Give those a quick mix and microwave them for around 2 minutes or until your protein oatmeal looks done. This may take more or less time depending on how powerful your microwave is so make sure to keep an eye on it!
Don’t have a microwave? Make your oats on the stovetop!
Immediately after the microwave (while still hot) you’ll want to add in 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 1/8 cup of chopped walnuts or other nuts, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut, and 1 peeled & chopped carrot.
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything is incorporated.
Top and lightly mix into your protein carrot cake oatmeal 3 ounces of fat free plain or vanilla Greek yogurt.
You can easily change up the flavor of this protein oatmeal by mixing and matching your protein powder and Greek yogurt flavors. Let us know some of your favorite combinations in the comments below!
Diet tip? Drop the fat in this recipe by getting rid of the nuts.
Still craving carrot cake? Try our Protein Carrot Cake with Frosting next.
Protein Carrot Cake Oatmeal
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 4 Ounces Water
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut - Unsweetened
- 1 Medium Carrot
- ⅛ Cup Walnuts
- 3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Plain or Vanilla
- Combine your Milk, Rolled Oats, and Water into a microwavable safe bowl
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes
- Peel and chop your Carrot
- Combine everything together aside from your Greek Yogurt while still hot
- Mix those together
- Lightly stir in your Greek Yogurt
- Calories: 545
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 334mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 44g
Leave a Comment