Homemade protein bars in just minutes!? These quick Protein Peanut Butter Squares are a great way to beat your cravings and get your macros in at the same time! This healthy dessert recipe is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
The first thing you’ll need to do is to take out a food processor like this (my preferred one) or really powerful blender. This is used to easily mix in your chickpeas. If you want to try and mix them in without either of these (a fork?), skip this step!
Add right into processor or blender 1 can of chickpeas (drained & rinsed), 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup, 6 tablespoons of nut butter, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 3 scoops of a vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter protein powder.
Make sure to drain and rinse your chickpeas. Rinsing them will give them a more “neutral” flavor in your protein peanut butter squares.
Process or blend everything together until smooth.
Take out a baking pan, coat it with some non-sticking cooking spray, and pour your mix in.
Mix too sticky to work with? Keep your hands damp as you evenly distribute/press your mix into your pan.
Finish your recipe by pressing in 1 1/2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips to your protein peanut butter squares.
Don’t like dark chocolate chips? Use other chips, nuts, raisins, or anything else you want that’ll fit your macros. Let me know some of your favorite variations you come up with in the comments below!
Put your protein peanut butter squares into the oven on 350F/176C for 20-25 minutes.
Pro tip? You can check if your squares are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of your pan. If it comes out clean your squares are done!
Let your squares cool and cut them into whatever shape you want. This is the part where you could turn them into homemade protein bars!
Top these protein peanut butter squares with one of our Protein Frosting recipes.
Protein Peanut Butter Squares
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 16 Ounces Chickpeas - Reduced Sodium
- 6 Tablespoons Peanut Butter - or Any Other Nut Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup - or Honey/Maple Syrup
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla, Chocolate, or Peanut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Chocolate Chips - Dark
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Add all of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips into either a food processor or really powerful blender
- Process or blend everything together
- Take out a baking pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in
- Top your squares with your Chocolate Chips
- Put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 20-25 minutes
- Calories: 1764
- Fat: 72g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1570mg
- Carbs: 157g
- Fiber: 37g
- Sugar: 43g
- Protein: 122g