Keep pie and cupcakes in your diet this pumpkin season with these Pumpkin Pie Protein Cupcakes! This healthy cupcake recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie, is packed with great macros, super easy to make, and guaranteed to beat your seasonal cravings!
All you need for this pumpkin recipe? A mixing bowl or food processor/blender to speed things up and some silicone cups or a cupcake pan.
Add into whatever you’re using 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree, 2 large whole eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, 2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 2 teaspoons of light brown sugar, 1/3 cup of your choice sweetener, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 6 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1 1/2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs, and 1 container of a pumpkin or vanilla Greek yogurt.
Coconut flour is a great way to add extra fiber to your diet with 5g for every 60 calories!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
*Double or triple this recipe as needed and store whatever you have leftover for next time!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger & Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice & Cloves
Turn on and process or blend everything together. Your pumpkin pie protein cupcakes mix should be smooth after around a minute.
Take out and coat your silicone cups or pan with some non-sticking cooking spray and pour your mix in.
Do your best to evenly distribute your mix into whatever you’re using. Your cupcakes will rise so make sure not to fill each spot more than 3/4 of the way full!
I like to sprinkle on 3 tablespoons combined of graham cracker crumbs but use anything else you want like nuts or chocolate chips before the oven!
Put your cupcakes into the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
What’s the toothpick test? Insert one into the center of one of your cupcakes and if it comes out clean, they’re done!
Remove your pumpkin pie protein cupcakes from the oven, let them cool, and optionally top them. I like to keep it simple and top mine with some seasonal Greek yogurt. Let us know what you top yours with in the comments below.
Ready to make a Protein Pumpkin Pie next!?
Pumpkin Pie Protein Cupcakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree - 15 Ounces
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 4 ½ Tablespoons Graham Cracker - Crumbs
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Pumpkin or Vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Sweetener
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor or blender aside from your Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Process/blend everything together
- Take out 12 silicone cups or a cupcake pan and coat them/it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into your silicone cups or pan
- Top your cupcakes with the Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Bake on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes
- Calories: 1002
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 861mg
- Carbs: 105g
- Fiber: 27g
- Sugar: 48g
- Protein: 87g
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated Fat: .9g
- Sodium: 71.7mg
- Carbs: 8.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 7.2g