Are you ready to curb those chocolate cravings at breakfast with some Red Velvet Protein Pancakes!? This protein pancake recipe is quick, healthy, made with simple ingredients, and absolutely delicious!
All you need for this one is a large mixing bowl, stovetop pan or griddle, and your red velvet cravings!
Add right into your mixing bowl 2 large whole eggs, 1 large egg white or 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2/3 a serving of a red velvet cake mix, 6 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, and a couple optional drops of some red food coloring.
Mix everything together with a whisk or hand mixer like this until your red velvet protein pancakes mix is smooth.
Hate cottage cheese? Don’t worry, you can’t taste the cottage cheese at all when combined with other flavorful ingredients! Cottage cheese also adds some casein protein (slow digesting) to the recipe which will help keep you feeling full for longer.
Take out your stovetop pan or griddle, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray before you pour your mix in.
Red Velvet Pancakes
Pour your mix in once your pan or griddle heats up and cook each side of your pancake for around 2-3 minutes. Keep in mind that cooking time may change depending on how big or small you make your red velvet protein pancakes.
Repeat until your mix is gone, pull them off the heat, and get ready to top them!
Some of my favorite toppings for these red velvet protein pancakes? Sugar free chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and fresh strawberry slices! Let us know your favorites in the comments below.
You could also add even more protein to the recipe by topping these with our Chocolate Protein Spread!
Red Velvet Protein Pancakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Large Egg White - or 3 Tablespoons/46g Liquid Egg Whites
- ¼ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- ⅔ Serving Cake Mix - 2 Tablespoons Red Velvet
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2-4 Drops Red Food Coloring - *Optional
- Combine all of your ingredients into a large bowl
- Mix everything together with a whisk or hand mixer
- Take out a large stovetop pan and turn your burner on Medium Heat
- Coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side of your pancake for around 2-3 minutes
- Top with whatever you want
- Calories: 672
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 1030mg
- Carbs: 62g
- Fiber: 22g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 61g
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 515mg
- Carbs: 31g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: .6g
- Sodium: 128.7mg
- Carbs: 3.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.8g