When you think of a dip you don’t typically think of dessert. Today, we change that with this Rocky Road Protein Dip recipe! Packed with diet friendly macros, made with simple ingredients, and absolutely delicious!
Start with a food processor or good blender. This is used to easily mix in and break up the chickpeas that you’ll be using.
Add into your processor or blender 16 ounces of chickpeas, 3 teaspoons of light brown sugar, 3 tablespoons of coconut flour, 3 scoops of a good tasting chocolate protein powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of butter extract, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 3 ounces of an unsweetened milk substitute, and 2 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff.
Make sure to drain and rinse your chickpeas before adding them in! Why? This will help give them a more neutral flavor.
Process or blend all of your ingredients until smooth.
Add in 1 ounce of mixed nuts and pulse or blend a few times to lightly mix those into your rocky road protein dip.
Pour your mix into a bowl and top it with whatever you want (mixed nuts and mini marshmallows!). You could also put this in the freezer for 30-40 minutes and it’ll give it an ice cream like texture.
Healthy Dessert Dip Ideas
How do you eat this rocky road protein dip?
- With crackers
- On pancakes, waffles, or mug cakes
- In my protein oatmeal recipes
- As a spread (toasted!)
Be creative and you’ll have endless variations here! Let me know some of the healthy combinations you all come up with in the comments below.
Looking for another high protein dip? Try our Protein S’mores Cookie Dough Dip next!
Rocky Road Protein Dip
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 16 Ounces Chickpeas - Reduced Sodium (or White/Black Beans)
- 3 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - or Oat Flour
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Butter Extract
- 3 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 Ounce Mixed Nuts
- Combine all of your ingredients aside from your Mixed Nuts into either a food processor or really powerful blender
- Process or blend everything together
- Add in your Mixed nuts and pulse it a few times
- Calories: 1229
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1107mg
- Carbs: 125g
- Fiber: 38g
- Sugar: 32g
- Protein: 117g
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Sodium: 110.7mg
- Carbs: 12.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Protein: 11.7g