Spice up your meal prep with some Sriracha Turkey Tacos! This high protein taco mix recipe is packed with flavor, made with a few simple ingredients, and just spicy enough.
The first thing you need to do is to take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
Add in 1 1/4 pounds (20 ounces) of lean ground turkey or beef after your pan heats up and brown it.
To brown your ground meat all you need to do is move it around in your pan until it’s brown. Do your best to break it up and this should take no longer than 5-10 minute!
Turn your burner down to low heat after your Sriracha turkey tacos meat has browned and optionally drain your juice (fat) if there’s a lot in there. I’ll usually only drain mine if I’m not using a lean ground meat, say anything under 90/10 (we used 93/7 today).
Continue by adding in in 3/4 cup of water, 1 packet of a low sodium taco seasoning mix, 10 teaspoons of chili sauce, and 2 tablespoons of a tomato paste.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
*Double or triple this recipe and have access to it whenever you need it!
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
Mix all of those ingredients up until everything for your Sriracha turkey tacos is well incorporated.
Let that mix cook on low heat for 10 minutes while occasionally stirring it every couple minutes so that your mix doesn’t burn.
Remove your Sriracha turkey tacos mix from the heat and get ready for taco time!
Add your taco mix into a macro friendly tortilla and top it. I topped mine with some cheese, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce.
- Guacamole (homemade!) on everything
- Plain Greek yogurt instead of sour
- Use this mix to make a huge burrito
- Add this to our Taco Omelette Recipe
Let us know what your favorite taco toppings are in the comments below.
Sriracha Turkey Tacos
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ¼ Pounds Ground Turkey - 93/7 Lean (or Ground Beef)
- 6 Ounces Water
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix - 6 Tablespoons
- 10 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Sour Cream - Fat Free
- Mexican Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Tortilla - Whole Wheat
- Take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on Medium Heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add in your Ground Turkey and brown it
- Turn your burner on Low Heat
- Add in your Water, Sriracha, and Tomato Paste
- Mix everything together
- Let it cook on Low Heat for 10 minutes while mixing everything around every couple of minutes
- Turn your burner off after 10 minutes and make your tacos
- Calories: 981
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 1690mg
- Carbs: 41g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 112g
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Sodium: 211.2mg
- Carbs: 5.1g
- Fiber: .1g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 14g
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Sodium: 631.2mg
- Carbs: 33.1g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Protein: 32g
Great Tacos Derek!
Hey Derek! Great recipe. You have a small typo with the beef percentage. Otherwise, I have been having fun trying out your recipes. I have made a few of the chicken ones, and just bought a slow cooker so I can try out some more of your recipes. Thank you for this great website and recipes!