Healthy spicy tacos for breakfast are here! This easy to make Taco Omelette recipe takes just a few minutes to prep with ingredients you probably already have and is packed with protein.
Start this one by taking out a large mixing bowl and a stovetop pan. If you don’t have a stovetop pan, here’s a link to the one that I’ve been using for years.
Add right into your mixing bowl 4 large whole eggs, 2 large egg whites, and 1/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute or fat free milk.
Give those ingredients a quick mix with either a fork or whisk.
Why milk? Milk is going to help make your taco omelette a bit more fluffy!
Bring your stovetop pan over to your oven, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
Did you know that egg yolks are packed with healthy fats and good cholesterol?
Once your pan heats up, pour your egg mix in and let those cook on medium heat for around a minute.
Add in a little black pepper, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper, 1 ounce of crushed up tortilla chips, and 1/4 cup of some fat free cheddar or other cheese.
Diet tip? Add in some lean ground beef or turkey for even more protein!
You’ll know your omelette is ready to flip when you can shake your pan and the omelette moves with it, this will usually take a couple minutes.
Fold your taco omelette over and let cook it for a minute.
After a minute, flip it over on the other side and let that side cook another minute.
Taco Omelette Toppings
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- More shredded cheese
Remove it from the heat and optionally top it with your favorite taco toppings! I went with some Tabasco sauce and salsa today.
Let us know what your favorite combinations are in the comments below!
Ready for dessert? How about a Protein Pineapple Upside-Down Cake?
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 4 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ¼ Cup Red Onion - Chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Pepper - Chopped
- 1-2 Pinches Black Pepper
- 1 Ounce Tortilla Chips
- ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Fat Free (or a Mexican/Taco Blend)
- Tabasco Sauce
- Add your Eggs and Milk into a bowl
- Mix those together
- Take out an omelette pan, turn your burner on Medium, and spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Chop up your Red Onion and Green Pepper
- Pour your Egg mix into the pan
- After 1 minute add in your Black Pepper, Red Onion, Green Pepper, crushed up Tortillas, and Cheese
- Cook that until your omelette moves around in your pan (usually a couple minutes)
- Flip over and cook for 1 minute
- Flip over again and cook for another 1 minute
- Top with a little Tabasco and Salsa
- Calories: 551
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1152mg
- Carbs: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 44g