Summer hasn’t left us yet and that means…there’s still room for ice cream! Today we keep with the trend of keto recipes and make a DELICIOUS low carb chocolate keto ice cream!
Start this one with either a food processor or blender. Add into that a ripe avocado. The riper it is, the better this recipe will come out. You can test your avocado for ripeness but just kind of pressing it and if it’s somewhat soft then you’re good to go. Cut your avocado in half and use a spoon to dig it out.
Next, add in 3 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk (full fat), 6 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of erythritol or your choice sweetener, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum, and optionally 1 scoop of protein powder to make your macros even better or change up the flavor.
Throw your lid on and process until smooth. Once smooth take out something to pour your soon to be ice cream into it, add in whatever you want like some sugar free chocolate chips, cover it, and freeze for a few hours!
My cheap food processor: http://amzn.to/2kjWrY8
Looks delicious, right? IT IS! I leave mine out for about 10 minutes before I’m gonna eat it and find that it gives it an even better texture.
- 1 Avocado (The riper the better)
- 3 Ounces Unsweetened Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Erythritol or Your Choice Sweetener
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xantham Gum
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder *Optional for better macros or flavor
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips *Optional
How to make:
- Cut and remove your Avocado
- Add all of your ingredients into your food processor or blender
- Cover and process or blend until smooth
- Add in whatever you want
- Freeze…until frozen!
- Let it thaw for 10-15 minutes for an even better texture!
Calories Per Serving (if you divide it into 3):
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 151.6mg
- Carbs: 8.6g (Net Carbs: 2.3g)
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 13.3g
Calories Whole Recipe:
- Calories: 885
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 455mg
- Carbs: 26g (Net Carbs: 7g)
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 40g