Summer hasn’t left us yet and that means…there’s still room for ice cream! Today we keep with the trend of keto recipes and make a DELICIOUS low carb chocolate keto ice cream!
Start this one with either a food processor (link below) or blender. Add in a ripe avocado. The riper it is, the better this recipe will come out. You can test your avocado for ripeness but just kind of pressing it and if it’s somewhat soft then you’re good to go. Cut your avocado in half and use a spoon to dig it out.
Next, add in 3 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk (full fat), 6 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of erythritol or your choice sweetener, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum, and optionally 1 scoop of protein powder to make your macros even better or change up the flavor.
Your keto ice cream is almost here
Throw your lid on and process until smooth. Once smooth take out something to pour your soon to be ice cream into it, add in whatever you want to your keto ice cream like some sugar free chocolate chips, cover it, and freeze for a few hours!
Looks delicious, right? IT IS! I leave mine out for about 10 minutes before I’m gonna eat it and find that it gives it an even better texture.
Want another ice cream recipe? Try our Chocolate or Vanilla Protein Ice Cream!
The Best Chocolate Keto Ice Cream
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Avocado - The riper the better
- 3 Ounces Coconut Milk - Unsweetened Full Fat
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sweetener - Your Choice
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Xantham Gum
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - *Optional for better macros or flavor
- Chocolate Chips - Sugar Free *Optional
- Cut and remove your Avocado
- Add all of your ingredients into your food processor or blender
- Cover and process or blend until smooth
- Add in whatever you want
- Freeze…until frozen!
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 151.6mg
- Carbs: 8.6g (Net Carbs: 2.3g)
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Calories: 885
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 455mg
- Carbs: 26g (Net Carbs: 7g)
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 40g