Nuke your sweet tooth in 2 minutes or less with our 300 Calorie Microwave Protein Cake! This mug cake recipe is high in protein, low in sugar, easy to make with just a few ingredients, and guaranteed to satisfy!
All you’ll need for this microwave protein cake is a microwave safe bowl big enough to add all of your ingredients into and a microwave!
Add right into whatever you’re using 1 large egg white or 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon of regular or chocolate powdered peanut butter, 1/3 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1 optional tablespoon of your choice sweetener, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, and 1 ounce of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute.
In a separate bowl mash up 1/2 of a ripe banana with the back of a spoon of fork. Mashing up your banana is going to help it mix in easier, especially if you’re not using a hand mixer.
Did you know that coconut flour is a great cheap source of fiber with 5 grams for every 60 calories?
Mix together all of the ingredients in your microwave safe bowl while slowly incorporating your mashed up banana. I like using a hand mixer to speed this step up but use whatever you have!
Put your bowl into the microwave for around :90 seconds up to 2 minutes depending on how powerful your microwave is. Keep an eye on your cake and once it rises you can pull it out.
Pro tip? Switch up of your cake but using other flavors for your protein powder like vanilla for a vanilla microwave protein cake!
Microwave Cake Toppings
Remove it from the microwave, flip it out onto a plate, and optionally top it. I went with some peanut butter for extra fats, whipped cream, banana slices, and sugar free chocolate chips today.
Let us know what your favorite healthy toppings for this microwave protein cake end up being in the comments below.
300 Calorie Microwave Protein Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate or Vanilla if you want a Vanilla cake
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - 1 Large Egg White
- ½ Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener - *Optional
- ½ Banana - Mashed
- Combine all of your ingredients into a microwave safe bowl aside from your Banana
- Mash up your Banana with a spoon/fork in a separate bowl
- Mix together your ingredients in the microwave safe bowl while adding in your mashed Banana
- Microwave for :90 seconds-2 minutes (depending on how powerful your microwave is)
- Top with whatever you want
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Carbs: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 21g
- Protein: 36g