It’s that time of the year where LEFTOVERS reign supreme! The next time anyone asks if you want to take anything home, you’ll be prepared to say “YES”! This Leftover Turkey or Chicken Casserole recipe is more than just delicious and easy to make, it’s PACKED with protein.
Start with a small oven safe dish unless you’re doubling or tripling the recipe then start with something bigger. You can easily scale the recipe below.
In your dish add 9 ounces of turkey or chicken and 2 cups of fresh or thawed broccoli.
In a bowl, add in and mix together 1/2 can of cream of chicken, 1 container of plain fat free Greek yogurt (great substitute for sour cream), and 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
Spread that over your broccoli layer and take out another bowl. In that bowl, mix together 1/2 package of stuffing and 1/2 cup of hot water.
Spread that over the top of your casserole and top it with anything else you want on it like bacon bits and/or hot sauce.
Bake your leftover turkey or chicken casserole on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes. Add more time if you doubled or tripled the recipe!
There you go, a couple bucks, a few leftovers, and in 30 minutes you have an absolutely delicious meal you can eat the rest of the week that’s macro friendly.
On the topic of leftovers, what are some of your favorite leftovers? Let me know in the comments below!
Pair this with our Protein Pumpkin Pie for dessert!
Leftover Turkey or Chicken Casserole
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 9 Ounces Turkey - or Chicken
- 2 Cups Broccoli - Thawed or Fresh
- ½ Can Cream of Chicken - 98% Fat Free
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Plain
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese - Reduced Fat Shredded
- 2 ½ Servings Stuffing Mix
- 4 Ounces Hot Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits - *Optional
- Add in your Turkey or Chicken into the bottom of a smaller baking dish (unless you’re doubling or tripling the recipe then use something bigger)
- Layer on top of that your Broccoli
- Mix together your Cream of Chicken, Greek Yogurt, and Swiss Cheese
- Add that on top of your Broccoli layer and smooth it out
- Mix together your Stuffing and Hot Water
- Add that on top and top it with whatever else you want (I prefer some bacon bits)
- Bake it on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes
- Calories: 1111
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1075mg
- Carbs: 100g Net Carbs = 88g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 117g
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Carbs: 20g Net Carbs = 17.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Protein: 23.4g