It’s time to take the cheeseburger to another level, protein style! This Protein Packed Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is easy to make, will last you the whole week, and is absolutely DELICIOUS! A great addition to your bodybuilding meal prep arsenal.
You’re going to start this one by preparing some pasta on the stove. To do this, bring some water to a boil. Once boiling, add in 4 ounces of dry pasta and cook it for however long your box says.
I’m using rotini today but use whatever kind of pasta you want for this one!
Continue this protein packed cheeseburger casserole recipe by adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a pan on the stove and turning your burner on low medium heat.
Once it heats up, add in 1 chopped up green bell pepper and 1/2 chopped up sweet onion. Keep those moving for around 5 minutes or until cooked (they should be somewhat translucent).
Into that same pan add 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 cup of optional chopped up mushrooms, and 2 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey.
Use 90/10 or leaner beef or turkey if you don’t want too much liquid in your protein packed cheeseburger casserole. Alternatively you could also just remember to drain it!
Turn your burner up to medium heat and mix everything around until your beef or turkey has browned. This should take around 5-10 minutes total.
Last, mix in 28 ounces of canned diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste until it starts to thicken up. Pull it off the heat.
Take out a large baking or casserole dish and pour that mix into it with your cooked pasta. Mix those together good!
Top (my preference) or mix in 1 cup of fat free cheddar cheese and throw it into the oven on 350F/176C for around 10-15 minutes. You’ll know it’s done once your cheese has melted.
How good does this protein packed cheeseburger casserole look!? Add in your favorite vegetables or top it with your favorite cheeseburger condiments for unlimited variations!
Have room for dessert? How about The Best Protein Cheesecake EVER?
Protein Packed Cheeseburger Casserole
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 4 Ounces Pasta - Your choice
- 1 Green Pepper
- ½ Sweet Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Mushrooms
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef - Lean (or Turkey)
- 28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes - No Salted Added
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste - No Salt Added
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - Fat Free (or Any Other Cheese)
- Make your Pasta however your box says to
- Chop up your Green Bell Pepper and Sweet Onion
- Take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on Low-Medium heat, add in your Olive Oil, and let it heat up
- Cook your chopped bell pepper and onion until they are translucent (around 5 minutes)
- Add in your Minced Garlic, Mushrooms, and Beef or Turkey
- Turn your burner up to Medium heat and mix everything around until your beef or turkey has browned
- Mix in your Diced Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
- Keep it on the heat while stirring for a couple minutes or until your mix starts to thicken up
- Add your mix and cooked pasta into a large dish, mix everything together, and top it with your Cheddar Cheese
- Bake on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes
- Calories: 2666
- Fat: 118g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Sodium: 1962mg
- Carbs: 144g
- Fiber: 27g
- Sugar: 36g
- Protein: 257g
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 196.2mg
- Carbs: 14.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Protein: 25.7g
Can you freeze it?
Amazing recipe! I added some low sodium taco seasoning and it was fantastic!
The family loved it and it was very filling. Macros are on point but our only recommendation would be to add some sort of spice to the meat to add flavor, it was just a little bland