Eat 7 layers for breakfast instead of 1! This 7 Layer Protein Oatmeal recipe is packed with all the right candy bar flavor, high in protein, and easy to make in just a couple minutes.
Unless you’re making your oatmeal on the stovetop you’ll need to take out a microwavable bowl big enough to make your oatmeal in.
Add right into your bowl 3/4 cup of rolled oats and 1 cup of unsweetened milk substitute. I like using a vanilla milk substitute here but switch it up with other flavors if you have the option!
Give those a quick mix and microwave them for around 2 1/2 minutes. Microwave time may vary for this 7 layer protein oatmeal depending on how powerful your microwave is so keep an eye on it!
While still hot mix in 2 scoops of a chocolate protein powder and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Take out another dish big enough to layer your ingredients in and add 3/4 of your protein oatmeal into it. Make sure to evenly distribute this layer across the bottom.
Over the top of that first layer add 1 1/2 teaspoons of your choice sweetener and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Do your best to cover as much of the layer as you can.
Drop in the rest of your protein oatmeal on top of your sweetener and cocoa powder layers.
Finishing by evenly distributing as layers 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar free chocolate chips, 1/2 tablespoon of butterscotch chips, 1/2 serving of crushed up caramel corn rice cakes, and 2 tablespoons of sugar free chocolate syrup.
That’s it, you’re 7 layer protein oatmeal is ready to eat! You can eat this one as is (hot) or throw it in the fridge for a bit and eat it cold (tastes amazing)! Let us know how you eat yours in the comments below.
Add another high protein layer with our Chocolate Protein Spread!
7 Layer Protein Oatmeal
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¾ Cup Rolled Oats
- 8 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flakes - Shredded Unsweetened
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - Sugar Free
- ½ Tablespoons Butterscotch Chips - Regular
- ½ Serving Rice Cake - Caramel Corn
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup - Sugar Free
- Combine your Rolled Oats and Milk into a microwavable safe bowl
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Add in your Protein Powder and Vanilla Extract
- Mix those ingredients together quickly
- Take out another bowl and pour ¾ of your oatmeal into it
- Evenly distribute your Sweetener and Cocoa Powder as layers over the top
- Add the rest of your oatmeal on top of that
- Layer on your Coconut Flakes, Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Rice Cake (crushed up), and Chocolate Syrup
- Calories: 777
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 597mg
- Carbs: 82g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 65g
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 298.5mg
- Carbs: 41g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Protein: 32.5g