What’s up everyone!? Today I’m gonna show you how to make some really quick BAGEL CHIPS with the help of Dave’s Killed Bread Bagels and we’re gonna make a low carb dip to go with them…
First, we’re gonna prep our bagel chips…or crisps depending on where you’re from (let me know what you call them below). To prep these you can either use a bread knife or a really sharp knife but just be careful (trust me…it’s easy to slip). I prefer the bread knife. The goal is to make each chip as thin as possible, I’d say you want at least 3 chips from each half or you won’t really get a “chip” out of it. As for the kind of bagel you wanna use, that’s completely up to you. Today I’m using Dave’s Killer Bread Epic Everything and Cinnamon Raisin Remix.
Next, mix together a couple tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and a couple tablespoons of some grated parmesan cheese. Place your pieces onto a baking sheet and lightly spread your mix onto both sides of each chip. I use a pastry brush to do this but a spoon will work too. Toss them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Cheap Pastry Brush: http://amzn.to/2k8O0LX
While those are baking we’re gonna make a quick dip. All you need to make this Dip? A bowl, can of tuna, 4 ounces of cream cheese, 4-6 tablespoons of salsa, and a squirt of lemon. Mix until smooth and you’re done.
So you guys already know that I’m a huge fan of Dave’s Killer Bread. If for some reason you haven’t tried their bread OR bagels, they are both delicious and you can find them at most local groceries stores. If you can’t find them near you, use the locator below and don’t forget to check them out on Facebook!
Find DKB near you: http://www.daveskillerbread.com/locator/
DKB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DavesKillerBread/
Here is the recipe for the chips/crisps:
- Dave’s Killer Bread Bagel (Your choice)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder/Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2-3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan
Here is the recipe for the tuna dip:
- 1 Can Drained Tuna
- 4 Ounces (120g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 4-6 Tablespoons Salsa
- Squirt Lemon Juice
Calories in each chip/crisp (if you make 6 per bagel):
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Carbs: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Calories in the whole dip:
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 608mg
- Carbs: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 40g
How to make the chips/crisps:
- Cut your Dave’s Killed Bread Bagels into at least 6 thin slices (3 per half) using a sharp knife
- Mix together your Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan in a bowl
- Place your pieces onto a baking sheet and lightly coat both sides of each piece with your olive oil mix using either a pastry brush or spoon
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness
How to make the tuna dip:
- Take a bowl, drain your tuna, and mix together all of your ingredients for it
- Add some crushed red pepper into your olive oil mix for a kick!
- Look for lower sodium alternatives!