It’s snack time and today we’re going to make some really quick Bagel Chips and a low carb protein dip to go with them!
First, we’re gonna prepare our bagel chips or bagel crisps depending on where you’re from (let me know what you call them below).
To prepare these you can either use a bread knife or just a really sharp knife (don’t slip!). I prefer the bread knife.
The goal is to make each bagel chip as thin as possible, I’d say you want at least 3 chips from each half or you won’t really get a “chip” out of it.
As for the kind of bagel you use? That’s completely up to you! I’m using some everything and cinnamon raisin ones today.
Next, mix together a couple tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and a couple tablespoons of some grated parmesan cheese.
Place your bagel chips onto a baking sheet and lightly spread that mix onto both sides of each chip. I use a pastry brush (link below) to do this but a spoon will work too.
Toss those in the oven on 350F/176C for around 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Bagel Chips Protein Dip
While those are baking, we’ll make our quick tuna protein dip.
All you need to make this Dip? A bowl, can of tuna, 4 ounces of cream cheese, 4-6 tablespoons of salsa, and a squirt of lemon.
Mix those ingredients up until smooth and you’re done!
- Add some crushed red pepper into your olive oil mix for a kick
- Look for lower sodium alternatives
Try making this with our delicious Keto Bagels next!
Bagel Chips & Protein Dip in 10 Minutes or Less
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Bagel - Your choice
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2-3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- 1 Can Tuna - Drained
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese - 120g Fat Free
- 4-6 Tablespoons Salsa
- 1 Squirt Lemon Juice
- Cut your Bagel(s) into at least 6 thin slices (3 per half) using a sharp knife
- Mix together your Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan in a bowl
- Place your pieces onto a baking sheet and lightly coat both sides of each piece with your olive oil mix using either a pastry brush or spoon
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness
- Take a bowl, drain your tuna, and mix together all of your ingredients for it
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 68mg
- Carbs: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 608mg
- Carbs: 18g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 40g