Your chicken meal prep just got upgraded with this delicious Baked Chicken Bruschetta recipe! High in protein, easy to make, and packed with all the right flavors! If you’re sick of plain chicken and like bruschetta then you’re going to love this one.
For this meal prep recipe you’ll need 2 bowls and a baking dish. This baking dish should be big enough to fit all of your chicken into so keep this in mind if you’re scaling the recipe.
The first thing you’ll need to do is trim the fat off of 3 pounds of chicken breast and cut them in half. Put those off to the side.
In your first bowl mix together 2 extra large whole eggs and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Put that off to the side.
In your other bowl mix together 2 cups of whole wheat bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, and 1 optional teaspoon of crushed red pepper for some kick.
Take out your baking dish big enough to fit everything into it, I used a 9×13 dish.
Coat your chicken with your egg mix and put it right into your baking dish. Repeat until all of your baked chicken bruschetta pieces are coated.
Have some mix left? Pour it over your chicken!
Last, evenly distribute your bread crumb mix over the top and flip each piece over until fully coated.
Before the oven add on top 1/2 cup of shredded Italian blend cheese, 16 tablespoons of your choice salsa, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Put your baked chicken bruschetta into the oven on 400F/204C for around 30-35 minutes.
Diet tip? Use a reduced or fat free cheese to cut down on the fat in the recipe.
Finish with a high protein dessert like our Protein Cheesecake!
Baked Chicken Bruschetta
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 2 Extra Large Whole Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning - 1 Teaspoon goes over the top
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper - *Optional
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs - Whole Wheat
- ½ Cup Italian Cheese
- 16 Tablespoons Salsa
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half
- In a bowl, add in and mix together your Eggs and Olive Oil
- In another bowl or dish add in your dry ingredients
- Mix your dry ingredients together
- Dunk your Chicken Breast pieces in your Egg mix and put them in a baking dish
- Pour your dry mix on top
- Flip your pieces around a few times
- Sprinkle your Cheese over the top
- Spoon your Salsa on
- Sprinkle on 1 Teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- Bake on 400F/204C for 30-35 minutes
- Calories: 3050
- Fat: 86g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 4570mg
- Carbs: 142g
- Fiber: 18g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 427g
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Carbs: 14.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Protein: 42.7g