We’re taking this healthy chicken meal prep recipe to breakfast and making some Simple Pancake Batter Chicken Tenders! This easy tender recipe comes out crispy, is packed with protein, and made with 6 simple ingredients or less.
Start this recipe by taking out a bowl for your dry ingredients and a bowl for your wet ingredients (just your eggs!) that’s also big enough to fit your chicken into.
In the bowl for your dry ingredients add 80 grams of a pancake mix, 30 grams of bread crumbs, 20 grams of grated parmesan cheese, and some seasoning. I went with a teaspoon of a cajun seasoning for this recipe which was 4 grams.
Don’t like or have bread crumbs? Use anything that’ll give it a crunch! Crushed up chips, crackers, or even goldfish!
Mix all of those dry ingredients together until everything is incorporated.
In your bowl for your wet ingredients add and mix together 2 large whole eggs.
Pancake Batter Breading
Take out 1 pound of chicken tenderloins or chopped up chicken breast and add them into your egg mix.
Remove each piece of chicken from your egg mix and roll it around in your dry mix until fully coated. Let the excess egg mix drip off before rolling it.
Don’t forget to coat your air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray before putting your chicken onto it.
Coat the top of your simple pancake batter chicken tenders with some non-stick cooking spray and put them into your air fryer on 400F/204F for around 12-14 minutes.
Cook your chicken until it reaches 165F/73C.
No air fryer? You can bake them in the oven on a baking sheet at 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes. Make sure to flip them halfway through!
Ready for dessert? How about an Easy Protein Mug Cake!?
Simple Pancake Batter Chicken Tenders
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- ⅔ Cup Pancake Mix
- ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs - or Crackers/Chips (Anything with a crunch!)
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- In one bowl mix together your Eggs
- In another bowl mix together everything else
- Add your Chicken Tenderloins into your egg mix
- Coat your air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray
- Remove each piece of tenderloin from your egg mix (let the excess drip off) and roll it around in your dry mix until fully coated
- Place your coated tenderloins onto your air fryer basket
- Repeat until your mixes are gone
- Coat the top of your tenderloins with some non-stick cooking spray (maximizes the crispiness)
- Put them into your air fryer on 400F/204C for 12-14 minutes or until your cooking thermometer reaches 165F/73C
- Optionally flip them over halfway through cooking
- Do all of the same steps as the air fryer but instead of an air fryer basket use a baking pan
- Put them into the oven on 450F/232C for 12-14 minutes
- Flip them halfway through cooking
- Calories: 866
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1689mg
- Carbs: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 116g