Today we’re taking your favorite breakfast bread and reinventing it into your new favorite healthy waffle recipe! These Banana Nut Protein Waffles take just a couple minutes to prep, taste just as good as they look, and are packed with great macros.
For this one all you’ll need is something to mix your ingredients in and a waffle maker! I like using a food processor to speed this recipe up but a mixing bowl will work just as good with some effort.
Add right into whatever you’re using 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats turned into oat flour, 2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 4 teaspoons of your choice sweetener, 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Make your own homemade oat flour by blending or processing 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats until they look like flour.
Lightly mix or process those dry ingredients together for a few seconds or until everything looks incorporated.
Continue by adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 large whole egg, 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1 large banana, 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup of walnuts.
Mix or process all of those ingredients together until your banana nut protein waffles mix is smooth.
Take out your waffle maker, turn it on, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Pour your banana nut protein waffles mix in once your waffle maker heats up. You’ll want to cook it for however long your waffle maker says to which will likely be around 2-3 minutes.
Remove your waffle from the waffle maker and repeat until all of your mix is gone. With the amounts listed here I’ll usually get 3-4 waffles.
Now it’s time to optionally top them! I went with some sugar free syrup, whipped ream, ground cinnamon, and fresh banana slices.
Other great toppings? Greek yogurt, nuts, nut butter, other fruit, jelly, protein frosting, and so on! Let us know what you use on yours in the comments below.
Try our Protein Banana Bread recipe next!
Banana Nut Protein Waffles
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Teaspoons Sweetener
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Banana
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (or Greek Yogurt)
- ¼ Cup Walnuts - Chopped (Or whatever type nuts you prefer)
- Add your Rolled Oats into either a food processor or blender
- Process/blend them until they look like flour
- Add all of your dry ingredients into either your food processor or a large bowl
- Process/mix your dry ingredients together
- Add in your wet ingredients
- Mix those in
- Turn your waffle maker on and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook for however long your waffler maker says to
- Calories: 1197
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 787mg
- Carbs: 123g
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 29g
- Protein: 93g
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 262.3mg
- Carbs: 41g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Protein: 31g