Trying to build muscle? Can’t gain weight? Don’t have protein powder? Try our Bulking Protein Shake without Powder! This high calorie drink is packed with great macros, easy to make, and you don’t need to protein powder to make it!
Add right into a blender 1 cup of unsweetened milk substitute (I like vanilla), 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 9 tablespoons of pasteurized liquid egg whites, 1 banana, 4 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter, 1 container of vanilla Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, and 1/2 cup of ice.
Liquid egg whites? Yes! Pasteurized means that your eggs have already been cooked making them perfectly safe to drink.
Blend all of those ingredients together.
Why cocoa powder? You can find it pretty much anywhere, it’ll add a chocolate flavor to your recipe, is cheap, and has 2g of fiber with no sugar per serving!
Bulking Shake Tips
- Have frozen fruit? Use it and less or no ice!
- Switch up the flavor by changing up the flavor of your Greek yogurt and/or milk.
- Lower the sugar in the recipe by using a plain Greek yogurt.
Did you know that unsweetened milk substitute like almond or coconut milk only has around 30 calories per 8 ounces?
Like this bulking protein shake without powder? Make our Protein Oatmeal without Powder next!
Bulking Protein Shake without Powder
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 8 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 4 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 9 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - Pasteurized
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Ice
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender
- Blend them together
- Calories: 732
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 669mg
- Carbs: 80g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 58g