No protein powder, no problem! This Protein Oatmeal without Powder recipe is quick, cheap, AND you don’t need protein powder to make it. If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy oatmeal that’s packed with healthy fats, casein protein, fiber, and FLAVOR…look no further!
Start this recipe by adding right into a microwavable safe bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 4 large egg whites, and 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla milk substitute.
Mix all of those ingredients together.
Put your bowl into the microwave for around 2 minutes or until your egg whites look cooked into your protein oatmeal without powder. If they don’t look cooked in after 2 minutes then microwave your oatmeal for a bit longer until they do. The egg whites will make your oatmeal nice and fluffy!
Continue by mixing in 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of peanut or other nut butter, and 1/2 of a ripe banana.
The riper your banana is, the easier it’ll mix in. You can speed things up by using the back of a fork or spoon to “mash” in your banana as you mix it.
Finish your protein oatmeal without powder by lightly mixing in 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.
Why cottage cheese? To thicken up your oatmeal and add some quality casein (slow digesting) protein to the recipe! This casein protein will help keep you full for as long as possible making it a great nighttime snack.
That’s it, you’re done! If your oatmeal isn’t sweet enough you can optionally add in some sweetener. I also like using honey, brown rice syrup, more fresh fruit, and so on. Let us know some of your favorite variations in the comments below.
Protein Oatmeal without Powder
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - 40g
- ¼ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (2 Ounces)
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter - 32g
- ½ Banana
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese - 115g Low Fat
- Add your Egg Whites, Milk Substitute, and Rolled Oats into a microwavable safe bowl
- Lightly mix those ingredients together
- Microwave your oatmeal for 2 minutes (or until your Egg Whites look cooked in)
- Add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Cottage Cheese
- Mix all of those together while mashing in your Banana
- Add in your Cottage Cheese and lightly mix that in
- Calories: 589
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 501mg
- Carbs: 50g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 50g