Take your cupcake game to the next level with these easy Cinnamon Swirl Protein Cupcakes! This protein cupcake recipe is quick to make with simple ingredients, has diet friendly macros, and is absolutely delicious!
For this recipe we’re going to start by preparing our protein cupcakes. You’ll need a large mixing bowl, something to mix everything together with, and a cupcake/muffin pan or some silicone cups.
Add right into your mixing bowl 2 large whole eggs, 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats turned into oat flour, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1 1/2 tablespoons of your choice sweetener, 2 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup of an unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, 1 1/2 scoops of a good tasting vanilla protein powder, 1 container of vanilla Greek yogurt, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Homemade Oat Flour
Make homemade oat flour in seconds by blending or processing your rolled oats until they look like flour. Seriously, it’s that easy!
Mix all of those ingredients together for around a minute or until smooth. Using a hand mixer like this will speed this process up but is entirely optional.
Take out a baking sheet and your silicone cups or cupcake/muffin pan and coat your spots with some non-stick cooking spray.
Evenly distribute your cinnamon swirl protein cupcakes mix into your spots. You’ll want to make sure to leave some room for them to rise, at least 1/4”.
Put your cupcakes into the oven on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes.
You can check if your cupcakes are done by using a toothpick! All you have to do? Insert it into the center of a cupcake, pull it out, and if it comes out clean they’re done.
Healthy Cupcake Topping
Take your cinnamon swirl protein cupcakes out of the oven, let them cool, and top them! I used some vanilla Greek yogurt and ground cinnamon today but here are some other great options:
- Sugar free pudding
- Nut butter
- Other Greek yogurt flavors that compliment the recipe
- Our High Protein Frosting recipe!
- Cottage cheese or cream cheese mix
Let me know what you end up using in the comments below.
Cinnamon Swirl Protein Cupcakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - 45g Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats - 120g (or Coconut Flour)
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (4 Ounces)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Sweetener
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - 150g Fat Free Vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Turn your Rolled Oats into oat flour by blending or processing them until they look like flour
- Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together
- Take out a baking sheet, put your silicone cups onto it, and coat them with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into your cups leaving around 1/4’’ from the top of each one
- Bake on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes
- Let them cool and top them with whatever you want
- Calories: 949
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 578mg
- Carbs: 94g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 96g
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: .4g
- Sodium: 48.1mg
- Carbs: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Protein: 8g