We’re strolling right past dinner and onto dessert with this! These Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are packed with protein, super easy to make, and absolutely delicious. Did I mention how well they pair with our Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes?
Start this one with a fork and 3 sweet potatoes. Dessert sized. Poke them with your fork so they can breathe and throw them in the microwave for around 12-15 minutes. If your microwave has a potato setting, just use that and flip them halfway through.
You could also make your sweet potatoes in the oven too, I just prefer to save some time here (even if they’re called twice baked sweet potatoes!). If you’d like to make them in the oven, they’ll take around 40-50 minutes on 350F/176C.
Remove them from the microwave if that’s where you made them and after a couple minutes chop each one in half. Scoop your sweet potato out into a bowl as well as you can, they don’t need to be perfect.
Follow that by adding in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 container of a Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 2 teaspoons of a brown sugar substitute, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, and some crushed up pecans.
Mix all of those up good and while it’s mixing add in 1/4 cup of some coconut flour to thicken it up.
Load them up!
Evenly distribute your mix into your sweet potato skins. Pack them as tight as you can here, you want to make sure you use all of your mix.
Top them these loaded twice baked sweet potatoes with whatever you want. Today we’re doing crushed up pecans, ground cinnamon, and a couple chocolate chips.
Take those and bake them in the oven on 350F/176C for 40 minutes.
Dessert Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Sweet Potatoes - Mine totaled 475g
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt - 5.3 Ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Butter - Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener - I prefer Eryrthritol
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar Substitute
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla preferred
- 30 g Pecans - Crushed up
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- Wash your sweet potatoes
- Poke them with a fork
- Cook them either in the oven for 40-50 minutes or microwave for 12-15 minutes making sure to flip them halfway through
- Cut them in half and scoop out the inside as best as you can
- Add in all of your ingredients aside from your Coconut Flour
- Mix everything together
- Slowly mix in your Coconut Flour until it thickens up
- Place your skins onto a baking sheet
- Load your skins up with your mix (pack them good and make sure to use all of your mix)
- Top them whatever you want
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 40 minutes
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 138.5mg
- Carbs: 20.3g (Net Carbs: 16g)
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Protein: 13.6g
- Calories: 1077
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 831mg
- Carbs: 122g (Net Carbs: 96g)
- Fiber: 26g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 82g
Leave a Comment