It’s time to change up the baked potato game! How? With The Best easy LOADED TWICE BAKED POTATOES, PROTEIN STYLE! These things are delicious, pack great macros, and are super easy to make.
Start this one with a fork, sharp knife, and 4 russet potatoes. Not small ones either, get the ones that look like a meal! Give them a quick wash too if you don’t know where they’ve been.
This next part you can do 2 ways. In the oven for 45-55 minutes or my choice? The microwave. Depending on how powerful your microwave is, this should only take around 15-20 minutes. Make sure to poke your potatoes before cooking them and be sure to flip them over at the halfway point.
After the microwave, let them cool for a bit so you don’t burn yourself.
Cut each one in half and scoop out your potato into a large bowl. They don’t need to be perfect, just scoop out what you can and you’ll be fine.
Now the fun begins! Season and brown 1 pound of a lean ground meat. Today, I’m using 96/4 beef. Add your browned meat into a bowl followed by 1 cup of broccoli, 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of milk substitute, 3/4 cup of your favorite cheese, a serving of bacon bits, little black pepper, salt, some chives, and of course your potatoes.
Mix all of those up until it looks like a child got into your shepherd’s pie. Evenly distribute that mix into your potato skins. Pack them good and make sure to use all of your mix, it should be just enough.
Top your easy loaded twice baked potatoes with a serving of bacon bits, some chives, and 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese cheese. Today, I’m using a cheddar blend.
You can also switch this easy loaded twice baked potatoes recipe up really however you see fit. Add in fat free ingredients, other or more vegetables, different seasonings, and so on.
Let’s cook these!
Throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes.
Ready for dessert? Make our Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes next!
Easy Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 Potatoes (Russet) Mine totaled 660g
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (I used 96/4) 16 Ounces
- 1 Cup Broccoli Cooked or Uncooked, it doesn’t matter
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese Fat Free (113g)
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute 4 Ounces
- 1 ¼ Cups Cheese Your favorite (140g)
- 1 Serving Bacon Bits
- Black Pepper Your choice
- Salt Your choice
- Chives Your choice
- Wash your potatoes
- Poke them with a fork
- Cook them either in the oven for 45-55 minutes or microwave for 15-20 minutes making sure to flip them halfway through
- Cut them in half and scoop out the inside as best as you can
- Season and brown your meat
- Add in all of your ingredients aside from 1/2 Cup Cheese into a large bowl
- Mix everything together
- Place your skins onto a baking sheet
- Load your skins up with your mix (pack them good and make sure to use all of your mix)
- Top them with the 1/2 Cup Cheese and whatever else you want
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Sodium: 175.2mg
- Carbs: 16.8g (Net Carbs: 15.3g)
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Calories: 1779
- Fat: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 1402mg
- Carbs: 135g (Net Carbs: 123g)
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 177g