It’s summer, it’s hot, and protein ice cream is (almost) always delicious…3 things we can probably all agree on. Today we re-invent the ice cream cake into something that’s a little bit more macro friendly and all you need is a couple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Start this one with either a food processor or blender then add into it 1 banana, 1/4 cup of light cream, 2 ounces of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup, 3 containers of Greek yogurt, 3 scoops of Labrada Nutrition Vanilla Lean Body MRP, and 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Go ahead and process or blend those together for a minute or 2 or until you see it thicken up. Next take out a loaf pan, line it with some optional parchment paper so it’s easier to take out, and then add your mix in.
Now we’re gonna add on our graham cracker layer. My preference here is to just use some crushed up pre-made mini pie crusts but if you want a healthier alternative just use some graham cracker crumbs.
For the last layer mix together another container of Greek yogurt and 1 cup of a frozen or fresh fruit. When mixing these together make sure to mash in your fruit. Add that layer on top, smooth it out, cover it, and throw it in the freezer for a few hours!
A couple tips:
- Use any flavor Greek yogurt or protein powder you want as long as it compliments the fruit you’re using.
- Use reduced fat or fat free ingredients to cut down on the calories.
- Top or add into it anything you want like chocolate chips, sprinkles, and so on..
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Light Cream
- 2 Ounces (56g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup or Honey
- 3 Containers (450g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt
- 3 Scoops (105g) Vanilla Lean Body MRP
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3 Crushed Up Mini Pre-made Pie Crusts or Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Container (150g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Fruit
How to make:
- Process or blender all of your First Layer ingredients together until they thicken up
- Coat a loaf pan with some parchment paper (this makes it easier to remove) and pour that mix in
- Top that layer with your Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Mix together your Third Layer ingredients while mashing in your Fruit
- Add that layer on top of your Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Cover and freeze
*Cut a piece and let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before eating for the best results
- Make sure your protein powder and Greek yogurt flavors compliment each other!
- Cut down on the sugar by using a lower sugar Greek yogurt and/or less fruit!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1544
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 1546mg
- Carbs: 184g (Net Carbs: 165g)
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 90g
- Protein: 121g
Calories in each slice (if you cut 6):
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Sodium: 257.6mg
- Carbs: 30.6g (Net Carbs: 27.5g)
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 20.1g