It’s summer, you’re having or going to a bbq, and you want something macro friendly that everyone can eat…today we give you that option with the help of our sponsor Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth. This macaroni salad is PACKED with protein, only takes around 10 minutes to prep, and is absolutely delicious!
Start this one by adding into a stove top pan 4 cups of some Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth and bring it to a boil. The kind of broth you use is completely up to you, today I’m using turkey. You can checkout all of Pacific Foods flavors and where to purchase them here. Once that starts to boil add in 12 ounces of rotini or other pasta and drop your heat medium until most or all of your broth is absorbed (make sure to keep it moving every minute or so).
Most people don’t realize you can make pasta with broth and not only will it make it taste better but it also adds some more protein to the recipe…especially with this broth since it has 9 grams per cup and we’re using 4 cups! I also find that 4 cups is just the right amount for 12 ounces of pasta, your pasta should absorb almost all of it. If it doesn’t absorb all of it just go ahead and drain or save the rest and add your cooked pasta into a large bowl.
Follow your pasta with a chopped up red pepper, chopped up green pepper, chopped up yellow pepper, 1/2 chopped up red onion, some chopped up celery, chopped up cucumber, some peeled fresh local corn (if you didn’t know you can just throw it in the microwave with the husk on for around 4 minutes and it’ll actually come out amazing), 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of relish, 2 tablespoons of mustard, 4 tablespoons of light mayonnaise, 1 container of a vanilla or plain greek yogurt (I like the sweetness of the vanilla), and a little pepper & salt!
Go ahead and mix those together then take out 3/4 cup of your favorite cheese and 12 ounces of your favorite protein. I’m using feta cheese and tuna but use whatever you’re craving like cheddar + hard boiled eggs, mozzarella + tofu, and so on…
Last, mix everything together again really good and for the best results throw it in the fridge for a few hours!
- Pacific Foods Website: https://www.pacificfoods.com/
- Pacific Foods Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PacificNaturalFoods/
Here is the recipe:
- 4 Cups (32 Ounces) Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth
- 12 Ounces Pasta (I use Rotini here)
- 1 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Chopped Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Chopped Red Onion
- 2-3 Stalks Chopped Celery
- 1 Chopped Cucumber
- 1 Ear Corn (Peeled)
- 1 Ounce Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Relish
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Container (150g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt (I like Plain or Vanilla for the sweetness)
- Pepper & Salt
- 3/4 Cup Favorite Cheese (I use Feta Cheese here)
- 12 Ounces Favorite Protein (I use Canned Tuna here)
- Add in your favorite vegetables!
- Use whatever Cheese & Protein you want like !
How to make:
- Bring your Broth to a boil and then add your Pasta in
- Drop your heat to medium and keep your Pasta moving until most or all of your Broth is absorbed
- Add your cooked Pasta and all of the rest of your ingredients into a large bowl aside from your Cheese & Protein and mix them together good
- Mix in your Cheese & Protein
- Throw it in the fridge for a few hours
Calories in each serving if you make 10 (mine came out to 220g each):
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Sodium: 210.2mg
- Carbs: 30.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 3.4g
- Protein: 20.1g
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2365
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 2102mg
- Carbs: 307g
- Fiber: 28g
- Sugar: 34g
- Protein: 201g