Three things we can probably all agree on? It’s summer, it’s hot, and protein ice cream cake is (almost) always delicious!
Oh, you’ve never had a protein ice cream cake!? Today we change that!
The best part? All you need is a couple ingredients and you might already have them all!
Start this one with either a food processor or blender. As long as you can get your mix smooth, you’ll be good.
Add into it 1 banana, 1/4 cup of light cream, 2 ounces of cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup, 3 containers of Greek yogurt, 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Process or blend those together for couple minutes, you should see it thicken up.
Ice Cream Cake Layers
Take out and line a bread pan with some optional parchment paper (easier to take out) and add your mix in as the first layer.
You don’t have to use a bread pan, it’s just my preference for this protein ice cream recipe. Use whatever shape/size you want!
Continue with a graham cracker layer. I like to use some crushed up pre-made mini pie crusts. If you want a healthier alternative, you can use some graham cracker crumbs. Both are delicious!
For the last layer of this protein ice cream cake you’ll want to mix together another container of Greek yogurt and 1 cup of a fruit. Fresh or frozen fruit both work.
When mixing those together make sure to mash in your fruit, using fresh fruit definitely makes this part easier.
Add that fruit layer on top and smooth it out.
Cover it and put it in the freezer for a few hours.
Tip? Let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before eating it!
This one is fun and when you’re bored you can easily switch up the flavor of your protein ice cream cake. As long as your flavors compliment each other, you can use whatever flavor Greek yogurt or protein powder you want!
Change up your macros and calories by using reduced or fat free ingredients. Think outside the box!
Like this one? Try our Greek Yogurt Summer Macaroni Salad next!
Greek Yogurt Protein Ice Cream Cake
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Banana
- 2 Ounces Light Cream
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese - Fat Free
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup - or Honey
- 3 Containers Greek Yogurt - Your Choice Flavor
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3 Mini Pre-made Pie Crusts - Crush them up or just use Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt - Your Choice Flavor
- 1 Cup Fruit - Fresh or Frozen
- Process or blender all of your First Layer ingredients together until they thicken up
- Coat a loaf pan with some parchment paper (this makes it easier to remove) and pour that mix in
- Top that layer with your Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Mix together your Third Layer ingredients while mashing in your Fruit
- Add that layer on top of your Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Cover and freeze
- Cut a piece and let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before eating for the best results
- Calories: 1544
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 1546mg
- Carbs: 184g (Net Carbs: 165g)
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 90g
- Protein: 121g
- Calories: 257
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Sodium: 257.6mg
- Carbs: 30.6g (Net Carbs: 27.5g)
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 20.1g
Leave a Comment